PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Night Force Competition 15-55x52mm?

NF1E
12-03-2023, 12:01 PM
Replacing a Leupold VX-III on one of my precision rifles and wondering what ya'll think of the Night Force Competition 15-55x52mm?
I have plenty of other NF scope on rifles but never tried this particular model.

Txhillbilly
12-03-2023, 12:22 PM
A lot of Benchrest shooter's use them, as well as the high magnification March scopes. I've never tried the Competition models, but I do like the ATACR series for long range shooting.

NF1E
12-03-2023, 12:26 PM
Thanks. I have been reading reviews this morning and ordered one that should arrive here on Tuesday.

Oklahoma Jim
12-03-2023, 07:35 PM
The 15-55 Comps are used quite a bit on .22 rimfire Benchrest rifles. The DDR-2 reticle is my favorite. Enjoy your new scope!

Dave Hoback
12-03-2023, 08:28 PM
It’s Nightforce, it’s going to be good!

NF1E
12-04-2023, 06:48 AM
I feel like a kid waiting for Santa Claus.

Fuj'
12-15-2023, 05:17 AM
A little late but, I run with both, a March High Master , and a Night Force Comp. They are very close
giving the edge to the March. That new Super ED glass in the March is really something when your
shooting long. Close in, you really can't tell the difference. At matches, you'll see at least half shooting
the NF comp, and the rest a mix of everything else.....What rifle are you putting it on ??

Dave Hoback
12-15-2023, 01:03 PM
A little late but, I run with both, a March High Master , and a Night Force Comp. They are very close
giving the edge to the March. That new Super ED glass in the March is really something when your
shooting long. Close in, you really can't tell the difference. At matches, you'll see at least half shooting
the NF comp, and the rest a mix of everything else.....What rifle are you putting it on ??

Yeah, I’ve been reading about March’s new offerings with the advancements. The Super ED Glass & Wide Angle technology look promising. I think their
4.5-28x52 has become my new Holy Grail of scopes. LOL! I haven’t actually looked through their new glass, and I don’t know if my one eye could even see the improvement? Even now I can’t see any major difference between the top HD/ED glass from China and current top of the line Japanese or even Schott glass. Maybe a little.. in really low light I guess. Like at dusk. But eh. Still, those March scopes look really amazing.

Oklahoma Jim
12-16-2023, 04:19 PM
How do you like the new NF Competition?