PDA

View Full Version : Trigger follows the gun

wywindsor
12-03-2023, 11:20 AM
So in another thread I had issues with a trigger. That trigger is an axis 2. I put in my 223 and now have primer strike issues. If you squeeze it the gun will fire about half the time. If you hammer the trigger it fires every time. Is this a miss aligned or sloppy set deal?

Thanks Ray

Dave Hoback
12-03-2023, 03:34 PM
It it’s locking up after pulling the trigger, as is said, it’s the Accutrigger blade doing its it’s intended purpose. But if you are having actual light primer strikes, you need to preload the striker spring more. Try finding some shims, maybe start with a .020” shim.

wywindsor
12-12-2023, 12:37 AM
This is the 223 I took the trigger out of to put in the 6gt build. The 223 never had an issue util I switched triggers. I think ti trigger is too sloppy or the pin hole is off. Haven't had much time to check.

Dave Hoback
12-12-2023, 03:19 AM
Unfortunately, people have been spoiled over the last 20 years almost. The fact is while they have become well known to DIY firearms enthusiasts, Savages are not AR15’s or even Glocks! There are still size differences in machining, as minute as they may be. Coupled with the same differences due to inconsistency in the parts which can lead to tolerance stacking. Sometimes a part needs adjusted or modified. Doesn’t mean anything is wrong. It’s just that we expect parts to always fit.