PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Shilen DGV/DGR action?

mctjeep
12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Seems like a pretty neat setup to me. Uses the remington triggers and stocks, but accepts the prefit savage barrels and nuts.

I think Stiller is making the action for shilen, if not it's a really close copy.

tiny68
12-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Got one on my x-mas list but Santa is a little short on funds for probably will have to wait a while. They look pretty good to me. Hope to play with one at the Shilen Swap meet this spring. Yes, Stiller is making the action body for Shilen. Luck, Tim

barthmonster
12-12-2010, 05:01 PM
that combo of fitment sounds really good. Do you have to lap the lugs for accuracy like a Remy ?

82boy
12-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Seems like a pretty neat setup to me. Uses the remington triggers and stocks, but accepts the prefit savage barrels and nuts.
I think Stiller is making the action for shilen, if not it's a really close copy.

It's Stiller predator with a different barrel threading.

McKinneyMike
12-12-2010, 05:34 PM
It also has a floating bolt head, just like Savage.

82boy
12-12-2010, 09:04 PM
It also has a floating bolt head, just like Savage.

Yes they do, forgot about that.
http://www.shilen.com/productsCompleteRifles.html

mctjeep
12-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I think it will be goin on my wish list. Guess the remington stocks would require a little extra inletting for the barrel nut, i'm surprised i haven't heard more about anyone using one though.

tiny68
12-13-2010, 12:29 AM
I am not positive them have started shipping them yet. They were supposed to ship in the summer 09, then spring 10. When I called Shilen and asking in the summer 10, they told me early Fall. I think there have been issues get everything to the right hardness with the heat treatment. Several of Stiller's shop worker and Jerry shoot BR at Denton, TX, which is a range I shoot when I can. I overhead some of the talk about problems. Seems that a lot of things involving precision machining and treatment of parts are becoming a lost art. Tim

McKinneyMike
12-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Why is Stiller not having these same problems? I mean they are the ones making the action for Shilen.