PDA

View Full Version : Reconstituted Savage Shooter

Bleeb
11-15-2023, 04:44 PM
I'm almost new to the forum, having posted a bit since I joined and before introducing myself. I'm a retired and recovering gummit environmental official, now just hay and feed corn farming at my home and always hoping for a fertile spring. I've been hunting and fishing since I could remember, and especially fond of upland bird hunting with my GSP, elk hunting out west, and ocean fishing down east with our boats. The latter keeps my wife happy. Whitetail deer hunting ....meh. I get my yearly venison, but it's like watching paint dry to me now. We have an abundance of deer at the farm, so I try to manage the population with friends and family.

I've been rolling my own for decades, and find it both interesting and rewarding. I have my own rifle range out to 850 yards, so I practice a lot, and on my own schedule. Handload testing is just a quick trip to a field on the SxS. I also practice with my neighbor on his 1200 yard range. He has nicer steel plates.

I have a bunch of other shotguns and rifles of all dimensions, which are all used as intended, and only 2 safe queens. I only own two Savages - an old Model 23B in .22LR, and a new(er) 100 Ultralite in 7mm PRC. I have sold my .340 Weatherby and replace it with the Ultralite. Less punch for sure, but a better mountain rifle for my older bones. I've hooked several of my good friends up with Axis's and 110/10s as starter rifles for their transitions into big game hunting. They all shoot great, and currently outshoot their abilities.

Dave Hoback
11-15-2023, 05:20 PM
Well welcome…., officially! :tea:

ragsflh
11-18-2023, 06:05 PM
welcome aboard

Bleeb
11-19-2023, 08:03 AM
Thanks!