PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 Long Action (pre 2006) Posible to convert to detachable magazine and new stock?

krobins
11-08-2023, 03:29 PM
Is it possible to upgrade my stock on a Savage 110 Long Action .243 caliber and add a detachable magazine option (it is currently top feed and unload only)? I am not finding any options for this.

pdog06
11-08-2023, 04:06 PM
Is it truly a long action with a 5.0” action screw spacing? Or is it really an “intermediate” short action with a screw spacing of 4.522”?

If it’s truly a long action then yes it is doable because the newer stocks will also fit that one. If not then you’d have to try to find a dbm stock to fit the intermediate bolt spacing, which will be very difficult.

Dave Hoback
11-08-2023, 04:20 PM
If you have a Long Action/Stagger Feed, the stock is easy. However, if you want something like an AICS mag setup, it’s possible but needs machining.

krobins
11-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Yes the screw spacing is 5 inches. Talked to a few parts places and the stock is doable; however, the magazine is not for the .243 caliber.

krobins
11-08-2023, 06:22 PM
I might give http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/4.html a call as it appears they do custom stocks and also have a magazine setup that might work. I also thought about possibly trying to get a Short Action and put this barrel on that with a newer stock and then converting the Long Action to a large caliber rifle, and putting a newer stock on that as well. I would probably need to get a bank loan to do that. LOL

bks22345
11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Yes the screw spacing is 5 inches. Talked to a few parts places and the stock is doable; however, the magazine is not for the .243 caliber.

I ran a 6.5CM barrel for a while on a 116 Long action using long action magazines. They were custom Dark Eagle 10-round magazines that I now use with my 280AI that I load long. Worked for both.

For a stock I used a long action accustock for a while and then moved my bottom metal to a Boyd’s Pro Varmint.