PDA

View Full Version : Bula Defense System XM21 with Liberty SS barrel.

NF1E
11-01-2023, 10:39 AM
Been hanging in the shop for almost a year since she was assembled. About time for the finishing touches. Bula Defense Systems rear lugged XM21 with Liberty SS 5R 1-10 .308 barrel finish reamed with M-118 reamer to a headspace of 1.633, SEI Vortex direct connect on the muzzle, unitized gas system set in a JAE chassis. Atlas bipod and Accushot monopod. Leupold Mk4 16X fixed. Looking forward to running her through her paces, maybe tomorrow. Snowing lightly now. Whatta Hobby!

Dave Hoback
11-01-2023, 11:25 AM
Snowing, already?

Nice looking rig.

NF1E
11-01-2023, 12:31 PM
Yep, not enough to amount to much, but it was falling this morning.
Thanks, I do really enjoy putting these things together and making them sing. Whatta Hobby!

NF1E
02-22-2024, 08:50 AM
There have been some questions as to what a rear lug actually is on an M-14 type rifle on other forums. I pulled one of my Bula Defense Systems rear lugged XM21 actions out of it's stock so I could show what a rear lug looks like. Doesn't improve accuracy, but does tend to extend the longevity of a bedding job. This lug is drilled and tapped for an anchor but I don't use them, at least not yet, but always a possibility in the future. Whatta Hobby!