PDA

View Full Version : 6BR Ejection Solved

dusterdave
10-23-2023, 09:13 PM
I got an LRPV in 6BR--it would extract but not eject--I called Savage they sent parts no charge--replaced the extractor--the ejection pin with the ones they sent and Viola! It works perfect now
Thanks Savage!

Dave Hoback
10-23-2023, 10:49 PM
Yeee-up! You’re not the first with BR Extraction/Ejection issues. Glad one of the first tricks ​worked for you.

pdog06
10-24-2023, 10:29 AM
Now you can play catch with all that new brass! Lol

For me I run both of my BR’s single shot and prefer to pick them out of the action so I’m not throwing them on the ground or off the bench, so I am considering shortening the ejector/ejector spring, or just removing the ejector all together.

charlie b
10-24-2023, 12:39 PM
Excellent news.

I just remove it from my bench guns. I kinda think I pay a lot for that brass, and then do a lot of prep to them that takes quite a bit of time. So I don't want to be tossing them in the dirt :)

If I hunted or shot PRC kind of courses I might have a different outlook.

dusterdave
10-24-2023, 04:36 PM
Well--the new club I am shooting at is in an old chicken house--Good news no wind bad news is they dim the lights at the bench match so only targets are lighted--sort of weird but i am getting used to it--I was fumbling with the cases in the dim light so I wanted to fix it--The Coop is pretty cool--we shoot a 50 yd 22 match once a month and they have 100yd center fire match --the end of the building is open with a berm outside
It sounds good no wind etc but the last match it was cold --cold dirt floor--tin roof soaking up the sun --I swear it almost had a reverse mirage going from bottom up--good deal in the winter with a big wood stove.

charlie b
10-25-2023, 11:31 AM
That's pretty cool. Does remind me of the Houston Warehouse tests.

Turkeytider
10-25-2023, 03:49 PM
I got an LRPV in 6BR--it would extract but not eject--I called Savage they sent parts no charge--replaced the extractor--the ejection pin with the ones they sent and Viola! It works perfect now
Thanks Savage!
Duster, how are you liking your LRPV? I have one in .223, close to 600 rounds through it now and I`m thoroughly enjoying it. Knock on wood, do not have any extraction or ejection issues, I just catch them.

dusterdave
10-28-2023, 03:57 PM
So far so wonderful--At first I had the trigger way too light--it would not reset after firing every now and then--got it back up to about 12 oz that seems to be the happy spot--I LOVE the Red Blade trigger
My bolt face was machined a little rough so I took it apart--used valve lapping compound and an empty case in my drill--smoothed it up like glass--now cases pop out with no marring on the rear
It is a lot nose heavy with that chunky barrel would like to add weight inside the stock on rear but the pads on the HS Precision stocks are glued on--would make a mess to remove it--BTW they wanted around $200 to add 1/2 inch to the stock plus shipping--I laughed at the guy
Working on a load for our 100 yd factory rifle class--hunting for projectiles at the moment
I love it! Will keep you posted
You need to plan a prairie dog trip with yours! Most fun you can have with a rifle!!!

Turkeytider
10-29-2023, 11:47 AM
So far so wonderful--At first I had the trigger way too light--it would not reset after firing every now and then--got it back up to about 12 oz that seems to be the happy spot--I LOVE the Red Blade trigger
My bolt face was machined a little rough so I took it apart--used valve lapping compound and an empty case in my drill--smoothed it up like glass--now cases pop out with no marring on the rear
It is a lot nose heavy with that chunky barrel would like to add weight inside the stock on rear but the pads on the HS Precision stocks are glued on--would make a mess to remove it--BTW they wanted around $200 to add 1/2 inch to the stock plus shipping--I laughed at the guy
Working on a load for our 100 yd factory rifle class--hunting for projectiles at the moment
You need to plan a prairie dog trip with yours! Most fun you can have with a rifle!!!

Yeah, I think about 10 yards is about how far I would care to carry it!! What a tank!

jimreed1948
10-30-2023, 08:57 AM

Try the 105 Berger VLD. I use the VLD Hunting bullets in mine and they're very accurate.

PhilC
10-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Now you can play catch with all that new brass! Lol

For me I run both of my BR’s single shot and prefer to pick them out of the action so I’m not throwing them on the ground or off the bench, so I am considering shortening the ejector/ejector spring, or just removing the ejector all together.
There are no ejectors in my bench rifles for that specific reason. :thumb: