PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

bryanendo
10-20-2023, 04:52 PM
hello everyone! its nice to be here, as I have already found answers to alot of my questions concerning my savage 110 30-06. I have identified it as a 1962 model which is really cool. about me? Well im 36 years old and born in boise Idaho and raised in Kuna idaho, K-12 and moved to montana when i was 20 years old. I was raised going out to the woods to hunt since I was knee high and all that comes with it, fishing, bird hunting, all of it. I work at Maztech Industries in Stevensville Montana as the Sr. Machinist and we develope and manufacture laser range finders, optics, night vision, and thermal technology for the military and civilian use. Anywho, I just figured I would introduce myself as well as ask a question about my savage 110 30-06. Do any of you "old timers" know the twist rate on the barrels rifling? My old machinist boss is a barrel manufactuer (Jarvis inc.) and he told me how to "figure it out" with a patching method but, hopefully one of yall can help me with that as i dont really feel like going through that process. thanks in advance and good luck this hunting season!

Bryan Endecott

Maztech Industries,
Stevensville, MT.

Dave Hoback
10-20-2023, 10:28 PM
Howdy back at ya Brian & welcome. Now I’m not exactly an “Old Timer”… (I’m only 45). I just know a couple things is all. Your Model 110 is 1:10 twist. Every Savage ever made in 30-06 was 1:10. Here’s a good thread with some good Barrel Twist info. https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?55166-Barrel-twist-code

BTW: Montana huh? When can I come visit? LOL!

ragsflh
10-21-2023, 09:04 AM
welcome

prdatr
10-22-2023, 02:45 PM
Welcome from AZ. The 06 is a great round that is pretty much capable of anything you'll hunt up there.

bryanendo
10-23-2023, 10:44 AM
come visit anytime! Especially anyone thats into guns and also has machining experience and or assembly haha we are gonna be hiring like crazy!

ragsflh
10-23-2023, 11:26 AM
welcome