PDA

View Full Version : Over 18 to enter???

Nor Cal Mikie
10-17-2023, 08:48 AM
Just had that notice pop up? First time for that. Never seen that before. To answer the question, HELL YAH!! Way over! Got Great Grand Kids older than that!!
And if I had the chance to go back and do it all over again? 99.99% would be done the same. Maybe be a little nicer to my wife of 59 years but I wouldn't go TOO far. Wouldn't want to spoil her TOO much. ;)

Maybe it was a test to see if I've got OTD?? (old timers disease) I do have CRS. (can't remember sh**)
What was I just talking about? :confused:

Dave Hoback
10-17-2023, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I git the same thing pop up. Just once, yesterday. First time I ever saw that. LOL, thought about making a thread as well, but figured meh.

Nor Cal Mikie
10-17-2023, 09:29 AM
I saw where JB made a thread.

J.Baker
10-18-2023, 01:14 AM
See the post in the Site Announcements board. Basically it's a legal CYA for me now that a couple states have passed new "Online Child Safety" bills that require any site with any form of "adult oriented content" to have an age verification system in place. The bills are extremely vague when it comes to defining what is considered "adult content," so to be on the safe side most firearm related sites have added age verification to their sites over the past year or so. Most firearm manufacturers have it now, the vast majority of retailers have it now, etc. It's a total joke as any minor can just lie and click yes to bypass it, but legally it puts us in compliance and will keep a couple progressive liberal attorney generals from coming after me like I'm a member of the Trump family.

Nor Cal Mikie
10-18-2023, 08:28 AM
"It's a total joke as any minor can just lie and click yes to bypass it, but legally it puts us in compliance and will keep a couple progressive liberal attorney generals from coming after me like I'm a member of the Trump family"

Sounds like a bunch of politicians we hear about.

Sounds like that HOT COFFEE warning thang from Mickey D's. And some folks are STILL getting paid on that?? Exactly how DUMB do you have to be???

wbm
10-18-2023, 12:51 PM
Exactly how DUMB do you have to be???

The Mickey D's thing? Well I thought about that for a while. And I decided...VERY...course if dumb people knew they were dumb they would still be dumb right?

DesertDug
10-18-2023, 01:52 PM
I am old, those extra click can get to you.

wbm
10-18-2023, 02:56 PM
Yep.

prdatr
10-19-2023, 09:31 PM
"It's a total joke as any minor can just lie and click yes to bypass it, but legally it puts us in compliance and will keep a couple progressive liberal attorney generals from coming after me like I'm a member of the Trump family"

Sounds like a bunch of politicians we hear about.

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to write code to link when a Member agrees to it the first time it stays in history like a Members PW.

Robinhood
10-22-2023, 12:42 AM
How does that work. Do you download a script or did the VBulletin app already have that imbedded?