PDA

View Full Version : Age Verification

J.Baker
10-16-2023, 09:35 PM
You probably noticed the new age verification pop-up when you visited the site after about 9pm this evening (10/16/2023). Several states have now passed new online child protection legislation requiring sites with adult content or 'content dealing with dangerous/hazardous subjects' to employ an age verification mechanism even though we all know that said mechanisms are completely ineffective as one simply has to lie to bypass it. You've probably notices that a great many other firearm related sites - be it forums, manufacturers, retailers, etc. have already put a similar verification pop-up on their websites for the same reason. Basically we're all just practicing a little CYA since the language in these newly passed laws is so non-descript and vague as to what is and isn't considered covered content.

Nor Cal Mikie
10-17-2023, 09:26 AM
And like you mentioned, a little lie is all it takes to get in. Whenever I see a notification like that, I just laugh. A good SHYSTER LAWYER will get you past that "in a pinch".

Alguapo
10-17-2023, 05:07 PM
I went in twice but it only asked me the first time. Hey , whatever it takes .

J.Baker
10-18-2023, 01:03 AM
I went in twice but it only asked me the first time. Hey , whatever it takes .

It creates a cookie stored in your browser so you won't get it repeatedly after answering it the first time. Not sure how long the cookie lasts (day, week, month, forever?) but it keeps you from having to answer it every time you visit the site.