PDA

View Full Version : SSK 50 trigger.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

KYODE
10-19-2023, 02:46 PM
Back out enough to have SAFE sear engagement AND satisfy your lb pull you like.

in my defense wildcatter……i made that quote. I still fail to see where im a clown

wildcatter
10-19-2023, 05:43 PM
in my defense wildcatter……i made that quote. I still fail to see where im a clown

I may have been out of line, but when you remarked the way did after my initial warning, I could have handled it differently. But with so many taking anything at random, without understanding just what is being done, I get overly cautious, as new shooters today seldom investigate anything they read, but this is from watching them, a majority of them, on a public range, and at times wonder how they even got a firearm, let alone understand what they have.

You can't imagine how many respond this us what others do??? Then run with thier actions instead of listening and trying to understand.

I will apologize for my clown remark, but we really need to understand what we are offering, and how others will run with it.

My apologize!

KYODE
10-19-2023, 08:24 PM
Good deal thanks!

even if we try, i dont think we can help whats out there now. Im amazed at people every day when i see what they post, or even out in public anymore. We are completely over run.

bsekf
10-20-2023, 10:17 AM
In an attempt at civility, have you tried the "push off" test. (cock the hammer and then try to push it off with your thumb) If it doesn't push off you aren't close to a "slipped sear". I am very careful with stoning the trigger parts, easy to screw up the geometry and trigger parts are scarce. I am still looking for an Encore hammer.

HotRodAl
10-20-2023, 01:33 PM
Today in this time of unreasonable and self proclaiming authoritarianism it is even more important that some keep things in a responsible informative manner!

And you call someone a clown!

HandgunhuntingAfield
10-20-2023, 09:01 PM
All I got out of that rant was…..I’m 70 years old, bow down to me I know what I’m talking about��

from a gunsmith that got paid to do a pile of contender trigger work…..the screws help reduce the pull a good bit. A small amount of stone work finishes it up……

Mjshell
10-20-2023, 09:38 PM
https://archive.org/details/gunmanual_Thompsoncenter_Contender/page/n12/mode/1up

My take away from the original manual, keep it safe

Julesk
10-20-2023, 09:51 PM
Makes no sense to have factory installed adjustment screws and not be able to adjust them. I have always done it to my liking.

KYODE
10-20-2023, 10:21 PM
So i guess my method was not far off from the manual. Except for the bic lighter spring lol. Ive used one at least 2 or 3 times though. I have one original ss action that you could not get to a reasonable weight with just the external screws. The bic spring fixes that easily. You have to be careful and not get it too light with it. I actually cut the bic spring longer than the original heavier factory spring.

idk if im allowed to speak of the bic lighter spring lol. I didn’t come up with the idea. I read it many yrs ago…..somewhere.

Julesk
10-21-2023, 10:10 AM
I couldn't remember so I had to check some of mine. Here's what I have.
1st Contender 8oz and I would not suggest anyone go this low even though I have never had a problem with it.
2nd Contender 1lb 8oz.
3rd Contender 1lb 6oz.
4th G2 2lb 5oz.
5th Encore 2lb.
6th Encore 1lb 10oz.

sunnysmarine
10-21-2023, 10:19 AM
All I got out of that rant was…..I’m 70 years old, bow down to me I know what I’m talking about��

from a gunsmith that got paid to do a pile of contender trigger work…..the screws help reduce the pull a good bit. A small amount of stone work finishes it up……

^^^^^ Exactly what my smith does for me ^^^^^ :peace: gotta love the internet

KYODE
10-21-2023, 10:36 AM
Nice triggers jules. Thats the kind of weights i like. Mine are probably comparable overall. Ive gauged em before but of course forget. My ss action the 6x47 ott rides on is really really light. Of course Be safe when handling any gun.

wildcatter
10-22-2023, 09:12 PM

Forgot, another short term authority explains all he knows on the subject, carry on,

Julesk
10-22-2023, 09:36 PM
Nice triggers jules. Thats the kind of weights i like. Mine are probably comparable overall. Ive gauged em before but of course forget. My ss action the 6x47 ott rides on is really really light. Of course Be safe when handling any gun.

They are all clean n crisp and I'm happy with all those pull weights. The 8oz I only use for working up loads.

wildcatter
10-22-2023, 09:44 PM
https://archive.org/details/gunmanual_Thompsoncenter_Contender/page/n12/mode/1up

My take away from the original manual, keep it safe
Your reading comprehension is lacking! Nowhere does it mention either screw for lightening anything. But it is very clear that they are for taking travel out! Not one word about removing unwanted wieght of pull! My guess is they figure that should be obvious your going to far!!!!

The fact of physics is obvious the last 1/4 turn is .001"s between engaging or not. With would be clear to anyone who understands physics, it is starting to trip! That is exactly what is happening, it is not a wieght adjustment, and the manual is very clear about that,,,,, if you can comprehend the language used!

Carry on folks, I'm obviously wasting my time trying to explain common sense, since that you either have or you don't. But some here are good at making things say, crap they absoluetly and clearly don't!

J A XSP
10-22-2023, 11:48 PM
Carry on folks, ...
Any chance you could be done with the condescension so we could? The pissing contest is getting a little old. :argue::blah::argue::blah::deadhorse::deadhorse:

KYODE
10-23-2023, 07:12 AM
Seems crazy to me to argue how to adjust your own personal trigger on a contender. :noidea:

Mjshell
10-23-2023, 07:54 AM
It does mention “light” a couple of times as reference to trigger engagement.
More engagement = more pressure to release the sear. Less engagement = less pressure to release the sear. Heavier vs. lighter trigger. This is verifiable with a trigger scale.
It explains further on how to keep adjustments Safe.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Julesk
10-23-2023, 03:44 PM
Don't hate!

HandgunhuntingAfield
10-24-2023, 09:19 AM
Forgot, another short term authority explains all he knows on the subject, carry on,

you’ll get there someday. Keep pounding the table and screaming that you are right….one more time and you might reach pro status.