PDA

View Full Version : Questions concerning quality control on new Model 12 LRPV.

Pages : 1 [2]

J.Baker
09-25-2023, 03:56 PM
You took your hip waders off?? Rookie move....... ALWAYS dress appropriately for the web!

:eyebrows:

Dave Hoback
09-25-2023, 04:41 PM
No question about that… I’m shooting a recessed this year vs last years 11 degree and see no indication one is better than the other.:focus:

Nope! But once again… I’ve spoken before about a person’s piece of mind, and certain things being exactly likea Placebo. A product, caliber, part, what have you, working better because the user genuinely believes it does. Even in lacking Scientific, Empirical or Analytical evidence of any kind. While I hold no one barrel crown above any other, I DO believe in Placebo effect to some degree.

And on a simpler note, the Recessed Target Crown looks the best & does protect it best from bumps & dings, LOL!

pdog06
09-25-2023, 05:57 PM
You took your hip waders off?? Rookie move....... ALWAYS dress appropriately for the web!

Lol ain’t that the truth

South Prairie jim
09-25-2023, 07:50 PM
Nope! But once again… I’ve spoken before about a person’s piece of mind, and certain things being exactly likea Placebo. A product, caliber, part, what have you, working better because the user genuinely believes it does. Even in lacking Scientific, Empirical or Analytical evidence of any kind. While I hold no one barrel crown above any other, I DO believe in Placebo effect to some degree.

And on a simpler note, the Recessed Target Crown looks the best & does protect it best from bumps & dings, LOL!

placbo ?
Dave, I respect your opinion but I also have the targets the tell me all I need to know. Science doesn’t always work out just like the lowest ES/SD doesn’t ensure the smallest groups.

Dave Hoback
09-25-2023, 08:36 PM
placbo ?
Dave, I respect your opinion but I also have the targets the tell me all I need to know. Science doesn’t always work out just like the lowest ES/SD doesn’t ensure the smallest groups.

Huh? It’s not an opinion. I’m not recommending anything. I was simply making a reference as to why some people think the 11 degree Crown is best. Same reason for many things. Piece of mind. It’s not MY point of view. I actually agree with you. I’ve said several times I don’t think different barrel crowns show any improvement.

South Prairie jim
09-25-2023, 09:08 PM
Huh? It’s not an opinion. I’m not recommending anything. I was simply making a reference as to why some people think the 11 degree Crown is best. Same reason for many things. Piece of mind. It’s not MY point of view. I actually agree with you. I’ve said several times I don’t think different barrel crowns show any improvement.

Well , to me your post wasn’t clear and came off as argumentative. I’ll apologize and reframe further discussion.

Dave Hoback
09-25-2023, 10:12 PM
Well , to me your post wasn’t clear and came off as argumentative. I’ll apologize and reframe further discussion.

Ahh.. sorry I wasn’t more clear Jim.. When I replied to your your post with “Nope!”, I was agreeing with your stating that you hadn’t seen any difference between the 11 degree & Recessed Target. Like, if you were to say “this isn’t any better than that!” And I would agree with “Nope!” As in “Nope, no better.”

Sorry bout that. My bad. :tea: