PDA

View Full Version : Help????!!!!!???

Rcodegalaxie
09-18-2023, 04:03 PM
I inherited a Savage project from a friend who was over his head. He wanted to build a custom rifle and started out with a Savage Left handed target model, 300WSM. He ran into problems from the get-go, parts where incomplete, wrong ones, parts messed up (including the action). To make a long story short, He bailed, and gave it to me all in a box. Now the barrelled-action is all together, blueprinted and operating as it should, Accutrigger trigger all back together and working as it should.
I have the custom wood stock finally initially inletted and the Barrelled action smoothly drops into and can be tightened and thats just needing extra inletting for the glass bedding and then exterior shaped sanded and finished.
Today finally looking at the Bottom metal (Plastic!!!) and the blind mags, and of course they are a mess of broken, and mismatched parts. It looks like I have one complete Axis style (with the plastic clip on the front) (which is what I need for my configuration) it is for the 300wsm, (metal box says "WSM" and the plastic follower says "Mag")

So one working Mag!!!!

I have parts and pieces for what should be two others but they are mismatched: On metal WSM Box, one STD Short metal Box, one plastic follower that fits the STD Short Box but not the WSM Box but no spring for it and one NON Clip (Non Axis Style) METAL BOTTOM.

Tried calling Savage for parts only to find out they no longer carry magazine parts, same with Numrich or any of my other sources. ANY IDEAS???? ANYBODY GOT PARTS AND PIECES LAYING AROUND WANTING TO SELL OF TRADE OR CONTRIBUTE TO THE CAUSE????

Also looking at getting scope bases or rails installed on the action now that the screw holes are aligned and straight, anybody got the part numbers or ideas/ opinions of what worked best for them???

Thanks a bunch everyone in advance, Getting closer to having a shooter rather than a basket case...................(and its only cost me three as much as picking up new one so far (Perfect project gun!!!!!))

Bill