PDA

View Full Version : Axis II .223

Pages : 1 [2]

beefsupreme
09-22-2023, 09:16 AM
I used to shoot with both eyes open and honestly I'm shooting so less these days due to work, I think my skills are fading and just struggling to figure all that out.

charlie b
09-22-2023, 02:40 PM
Skills can fade, and we change as well. I can't shoot a pistol one handed anymore due to tremors. I also have to use a different grip and stance to balance the effects in my hands.

tomme boy
09-22-2023, 05:20 PM
Skills can fade, and we change as well. I can't shoot a pistol one handed anymore due to tremors. I also have to use a different grip and stance to balance the effects in my hands.
100% agree with this.

It was funny. I took my FIL to get his carry Lic. under the newer law. He had tremors bad in his hands. But he still shot better than the whole class. He has had them so long he said he just got used to shooting like that. He passed the shooting portion with a 87%. You had to have 75% to pass. Half the class had to retake it as they could not shoot. Didn't help 3 of them brought a Jennings 9mm's

Dave Hoback
09-22-2023, 06:06 PM
100% agree with this.

It was funny. I took my FIL to get his carry Lic. under the newer law. He had tremors bad in his hands. But he still shot better than the whole class. He has had them so long he said he just got used to shooting like that. He passed the shooting portion with a 87%. You had to have 75% to pass. Half the class had to retake it as they could not shoot. Didn't help 3 of them brought a Jennings 9mm's

And that was better than everyone there? Good grief! Yeah, the low level of accuracy needed to pass these things is crazy! 75% to pass& they call that successful. Think about it, a person walks up/down the steps 100 times and FALLS 25 times of those trips. Would you consider them successful at walking up & down the steps? Crazy. Ah well, my State doesn’t even have a test to take. Which is actually more in line with the constitution. But I digress.

tomme boy
09-22-2023, 08:18 PM
We are Constitutional carry now. But not then. I still keep my permit as I live across the street from a school. Without it I would not be able to carry in my own yard!

charlie b
09-23-2023, 07:44 PM
The CCW qualification is merely to make sure someone can handle a gun, not necessarily hit a target. Every time I go to one of those I am surprised at the number of people who have no idea how to even load their gun. A few have shown up with ammo that doesn't fit. I have seen a few who did not pass. One I remember was an older gentleman who had 3 hits out of 15 rounds on a 12"x18" target at 10ft.