PDA

View Full Version : Daughter starting college tomorrow.

Dave Hoback
08-27-2023, 08:22 PM
My daughter Emily is taking her first classes at community college tomorrow. I’m so proud of my girl. She was an exceptional highschool student, receiving mostly A’s during her 4-year highschool career. She’s been such a hard worker & her mother & I are excited to see her continuing her education.

I know there are many others here who have gone, or going, through the same. So here’s a congratulations to our children, & hope The Lord blesses their hard work & effort.

pdog06
08-28-2023, 09:05 AM
Congrats Dave. It will go by fast. My son started his senior year of college this morning. Seems like not long ago we were moving him in to his dorm! My son and my Hs sophomore daughter make learning look easy. Pretty much straight A’s and barely need to study because they pay attention in class(I guess). Sounds like your daughter is the same way. Atleast it makes that part of the journey easy for them and us both.

Dave Hoback
08-28-2023, 01:13 PM
Oh I know that! When I was disabled, my so was just finishing 8th grade, and looking to go to High-school & my daughter was still in elementary! He’s almost 24yo now and my daughter 18yo! It’s crazy how quickly that time went. Honestly, it’s like my life is in Fast Forward!

Robinhood
08-28-2023, 09:06 PM
Congrats Dave. It is a wonderful feeling to have created a productive member of society.