PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: non accutrigger mk11

coronel
12-10-2010, 09:23 AM
I bought a walmart non accutrigger mk11 22 lr. I want to know if i can lower the trigger pull by manually working the bolt while depressing the trigger. Will this sort of polish the trigger so it will be a lighter pull? Thanks in advance.

82boy
12-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I bought a walmart non accutrigger mk11 22 lr. I want to know if i can lower the trigger pull by manually working the bolt while depressing the trigger.

Yes.

Will this sort of polish the trigger so it will be a lighter pull? Thanks in advance.

No.

coronel
12-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks but confused a bit with your answer. So then you agree working the bolt up and down while keeping the trigger depressed will lower the trigger pull. Okay, but you disagree that is like polishing the trigger. Thank you. Also can i put like jeweler's rouge on the trigger while i work it in the manner i described?

Quickshot
12-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Save yourself the grief and buy a Basix sear for the model you have. A simple job with good instructions included. Just make sure you don't tune it too low and the trigger won't set[from experience]. About 1 1/4# works for me. Good luck Quick

82boy
12-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Save yourself the grief and buy a Basix sear for the model you have. A simple job with good instructions included. Just make sure you don't tune it too low and the trigger won't set[from experience]. About 1 1/4# works for me. Good luck Quick

1+

Thanks but confused a bit with your answer. So then you agree working the bolt up and down while keeping the trigger depressed will lower the trigger pull. Okay, but you disagree that is like polishing the trigger. Thank you. Also can i put like jeweler's rouge on the trigger while i work it in the manner i described?

I misunderstood your question, I thought you was asking if your pull the trigger as your worked the bolt if you could de-cock the rifle. The answer was based on that and it is yes. As far as making the trigger pull lighter, it will do nothing.

Elkbane
12-10-2010, 04:41 PM
And you may want to go over to rimfirecentral.com and search for a topic called "Bolt Polishing". I did that to mine and it really slicked up the bolt movement, and seemed to eliminate some drag on the firing pin. It's all about stoning down manufacturing/machining marks. Be careful about stoning sear or trigger parts - they are sintered metal and only surface heat treated and excessive polishing may make them soft such that they would wear with use.

There is also a treatise on there about using shims under the rear trigger post to lighten the trigger pull, but beware that this changes the angle of engagement between sear and trigger - it could be unsafe. Test it before you use it. I did it to my 93/17 and it really lightens the trigger pull, but I ONLY use it for a bench gun and ONLY load it when its on the bench and pointed downrange...........It's light enough that I wouldn't use it that way as a walkaround rifle.
ELkbane

bugeye
12-11-2010, 08:45 PM

If it's the new non-accutrigger E-action, rifle basix does not make a sear for it
I know because I ordered one and it was nothing like my sear. I talked to the nice folks at RB about it and they assured me that one would be designed but so far, nothing.
Savage will do nothing for you and that savage gunsmith out west won't either.
I did do the shim trick and got down to about 4lbs of pull with a mile of creep.
savage should be ashamed for designing such a piece of junk.
I'm gonna trade mine if I'm able.

SRT-6
01-05-2011, 09:40 AM
so other than a standard/ trigger ..how do you like the rest of the rifle

i got one at walmart but have not shot it yet.. $127.00 +tax + fee = 148.00 total

i was going to trade my 93r17 thumb hole which has about 25 rounds through it
and the gun chop (hehe)wanted $150.00 from me to trade for a new .22 cal in the same gun

so this is how i ended up with it, i said so i'll keep the 93r17 and buy a .22 and have both

i look forward to the cheap shooter, and i did feel the trigger before i bought it
and really it is not that bad for a cheap trigger..i have been used to shooting about any
kind of trigger and do very well with any rifle.....

most of the time it is a thing called Skill that matters anyway...

i have an old springfield .22 model 84c with a crappy stock trigger and bet it will shoot with
most closet queen's .. don't get me wrong i like the accutrigger on the .17 it is sweet

old sears ranger .22 crappy stock trigger

old j.c. higgins with stock crappy trigger..

so today i will attempt to remove the stock and spray it o.d. green just for the heck of it...

cheers on the cheap shooter

bugeye
01-07-2011, 01:26 PM
srt-6, If you're directing your question at me, I love the looks, the feel and the weaver style scope mounts.
mine is wood stock model. as you said, you don't get anything on trade, so I'll be keeping it.
I may put another .001 or .002 on the trigger shim and then put 1000 rounds thru it and see if it gets better.
I check the rifle basix web site every week. it's been about a year and no new sears.
oh well.

SRT-6
01-07-2011, 11:03 PM
well so far i am enjoying the budget .22 lol

this was a test at about 40 feet, and i had to kyrlon camo

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/huudoo/IMG_1092.jpg

sha-ul
01-09-2011, 10:17 PM
I got one at walmart but have not shot it yet.. $127.00 +tax + fee = 148.00 total

Whoa! you got that rifle for a buck& a 1/2? :o :o :o :o :o

was this a short term sale, when& how long ago did you buy this?

I need one for my oldest boy, will turn 9 in Feb.

SRT-6
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
just check at walmart and see..

they will order one, or should anyway might have to prepay half

if you don't see one, ask to look at the catalog
and order what ever you like

Mr. YACYAS
01-11-2011, 08:41 PM
That is a pretty good deal. To bad you bought it at a store I can't stomach.

Thats pretty good groups to for iron sights too. What ammo were you using?

SRT-6
01-12-2011, 07:02 AM
ammo was cheap fed bulk 555 and winchester 333

Mr. YACYAS
01-12-2011, 10:56 AM
People rag on the fed bulk but really for me, in cost vs performance, its actually a pretty good round.