PDA

View Full Version : First go round with an Axis ll

Alderman
08-17-2023, 01:52 PM
I’ve had good luck with the Savage Trophy Hunter rifles in different calibers and not too long ago purchased a preowned Axis in 223 that shoots well.
This preowned Axis ll in 6.5 Creedmoor will be my first rifle with the accu-trigger.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230817/cd8b1686716a18f1eedb32c8163e20d1.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230817/d40275c9803aadb427ea42bdefa4cfb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Hoback
08-27-2023, 05:00 AM
Nice. I’m curious.. what do you think of the Accutrigger? I’ve always appreciated them. And my initial switch from the standard 2 & 3-screw Savages I’ve owned to the Accutrigger was fine. It was a good many years ago & again, I’ve always liked it, but over just the the last several years I’ve liked mine more & more. Granted, I do a complete overhaul & set up. Surfaces to perfect alignment & Polished, completely different springs & add an over stop adjustment. But I interested in others opinion on the switch from standard to Accutrigger?

Alderman
08-28-2023, 02:28 AM
Nice. I’m curious.. what do you think of the Accutrigger? I’ve always appreciated them. And my initial switch from the standard 2 & 3-screw Savages I’ve owned to the Accutrigger was fine. It was a good many years ago & again, I’ve always liked it, but over just the the last several years I’ve liked mine more & more. Granted, I do a complete overhaul & set up. Surfaces to perfect alignment & Polished, completely different springs & add an over stop adjustment. But I interested in others opinion on the switch from standard to Accutrigger?

The previous owner had it set at about 1.75 pounds so it kind of took me by surprise on the first shot. After than I found it to be to be quite pleasant to shoot from the bench. I’m not much of a precision shooter but I had one load I tried that did go about 1/2” which is plenty good for any hunting I will do with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UrbanRedneck
08-31-2023, 08:37 AM
Looks like the heavy barrel axis 2... Mine shot so good I decided to make a project out of it. Dropped it in a boyds and installed bottom metal. Could have bought a desert tactical by the time I got done...LOL. love the look of the boyds stock though.