PDA

View Full Version : Time flies. Dusty rusty.

hamiltonkiler
08-07-2023, 08:04 PM
Since all the Covid crap and loving the .22lr game I haven’t messed with the O
Model 10 I adore. I live in the humid south east and my safe isn’t in a controlled temp area. I guess it has been two years since I took a look down the bore. Yes I pick all the firearms up a couple times a year and wipe them down.
Well I was invited to shoot some in a few weeks where I can stretch her old legs.
So I decided I’d peak down the tube. Well the tube and chamber was dusty rusty. After 20 brush passes, yes brass brush and aluminum rod [emoji28] some hops 9
Patches
Oil
Mop
The whole 9 yards.
I finally pulled some clean patches.
Ran a patch of dry lube, alcohol/Teflon down the tube to finish it off.
Man she is pitted worse than before. [emoji19]
The gun likes to be fouled well when it prints the best. So I didn’t clean it the last time I put it up. Thinking I might hunt or shoot it.
Guess that’s the last time I will put it up with a dry fouled bore. I guess I can at least run an oily patch down her to mitigate some rusty dusty.
Hopefully it will still print small groups after I get some foul shots ran down it.
Wish me luck!
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie b
08-07-2023, 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear and good luck!

Even here in the desert I have to be careful about storing guns. More than once I've pulled a gun out of it's case to find some traces of rust on it, especially if it has been several years since it saw the light of day.

hamiltonkiler
08-26-2023, 12:28 PM
Help me. Well shot today.. 98* hot. Gun shot 2” low at 100yds
Still a .5moa gun.
I think last time I got good numbers on my gun it was cold. Can there be a 2” difference between a 40* zero and a 98* zero?

We got out to 400yds today and I was printing 1.5-3” groups.

O savage. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk