PDA

View Full Version : Visiting the wife's studio.

NF1E
08-02-2023, 08:18 AM
While recovering from Lyme disease I am supposed to stay indoors because of the antibiotic prescribed. Only so many naps and short trips down to my workshop a body can handle. This morning around 7 I decided to see what Linda was up to in her studio. Having way to much fun as you can see. I think it is pretty neat that she creates and makes all the component glass parts and then puts them together with the imagination of a wizard before they get their final bath in a 1500 or higher deg kiln. Whatta Hobby!

Dave Hoback
08-02-2023, 10:38 AM
Very cool! I hear ya…. I struggle from day to day just going downstairs to my work room. (And I’m only 45..although it feels like dog years, LOL!) Didn’t know you were recovering from Luke’s? Very cool what your wife does. Looks like it brings her great satisfaction. My wife enjoys making decorations; especially for Halloween. She has made some of the most unique & professional looking decorations I’ve ever seen. She actually made 5’ statue of the Alien Plant from “Little Shop of Horrors”. The idea came from seeing one being sold online for $1500, and decided she could make one. That one didn’t have near the detail her replica has. In addition, she enjoys doing home remodeling; wall/baseboard repair, electrical, painting & light plumbing, she does it all like a CHAMP! She is a fellow DIY’er to the bone!

NF1E
08-02-2023, 11:39 AM
She does keep busy and seems to enjoy every minute of it.