PDA

View Full Version : convert 7mm top feed to mag feed? and barrel options?

aziroc
07-21-2023, 07:10 PM
Looking to change up my 110 series 7mm. It's a 2 part question. One is who makes good prefit barrels for the 110?

Also, is there a way to convert this rifle from a top feed to mag feed? I was going back and forth on an aftermarket stock and the more I like the idea, the more I see most Chassis are setup for magazines. I just don't know if I can convert it to mag fed.

Dave Hoback
07-21-2023, 10:34 PM
I and many others here will tell you go see Jame’s online site first. He sells & stocks both Criterion & Shilen barrels. https://northlandshooterssupply.com/prefit-barrels/criterion-barrels-savage/ However, if you go to Google & type in “Savage 110 Prefit Barrels, you will get close to a Dozen different manufacturers for Prefits.

The 2nd part of your question is Yes! It’s actually quite easy if your rifle is newer. Is yours a Center Feed Long Action? If so, pick one of any of the avsilable Chassis for Long Action, drop your barreled Action in & torque the action screws. Almost all the chassis are set up for AICS magazines. Your other option is using a Stock & fitting a Bottom Metal either for factory or AICS mags. Now, if your Action is Stagger Feed, it’s still possible, but would need some fitting to use the any of the Chassis & AICS.

aziroc
07-22-2023, 12:12 AM
Awesome! Thanks. Ill check them out.