PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

glocknuckle
06-25-2023, 07:37 PM
Greetings all. I am Doug from South Central IL (the part that Chicago ignores politicians ignore - lol).
I recently bought my first Savage; a Model 10 chambered in 308. It is a lightly used Gunbroker find on the right side of $440.
I wanted detachable mags, so I dropped the action into a Trybe R.O.C.S chassis. A few weeks later, my pops & I leveled, mounted & zeroed an Athlon Talos BTR.
Yesterday, I hit my local range & mounted my setup in a Bog tripod. First order of business was to check zero & see how she’d group. I am very pleased that @ 100 yards, 4 shots hit within 1” center to center. This was from a tripod too, so we’re I to use sandbags or a sled, I’d wager it would tighten up even more. Because steel plates, coyotes & potentially hogs as my intended targets, I reckon I should get some tripod experience under my belt.
If anyone has warnings or watch-outs for me to be looking for, I’d appreciate the info.
Kind regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ragsflh
06-26-2023, 08:48 AM
welcome

Dave Hoback
06-26-2023, 09:58 AM
Well at least you’re not in THE South Central! The one in LA. And could be even worse… You could have graduated from a school in Chester, Pennsylvania as was my misfortune. Most people don’t know it, but you want to see a truly desolate, urban wasteland of crime, corruption & utter depravity, look it up.

Welcome to the forum. You’ll always remember your first Savage 10/110 rifle. Mine was a model 111 combo rifle in 30-06, with a Simmons 3-9x40 scope. It was the first high power rifle I purchased myself, from Kmart(when they sold guns & ammo) when I was 18. Had many since, but that first one started my appreciation & fondness for Savage rifles.

thebeav
06-27-2023, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the forum from Western NY !