PDA

View Full Version : Best Kept Secret

Rifleman51
12-09-2010, 03:07 AM
If you want a real Tac Driver rifle, buy a Stevens 200, re barrel with a quality aftermarket barrel, change and bed the new stock and do a little trigger work.

For far less than a Target Savage, you will have a rifle that will shoot better groups due to the match grade barrel.

I know several people who have done so, and I will be joining them soon.

John K

pdog06
12-09-2010, 07:51 AM
not really a secret around these parts...LOL

LHitchcox
12-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Only the RemChester guys don't know that. LOL

racinready300ex
12-09-2010, 01:31 PM
The target guns are still a steel. I've seen them beam guns that retail for 3 times as much in our factory class shoots.

That said, I can't wait to get my shilen barrel for my budget savage build. Should be here today.

jawjadawg
12-09-2010, 01:38 PM
If you want a real Tac Driver rifle, buy a Stevens 200, re barrel with a quality aftermarket barrel, change and bed the new stock and do a little trigger work.

For far less than a Target Savage, you will have a rifle that will shoot better groups due to the match grade barrel.

John K

You should start a website for enthusiasts who enjoy doing just that type of thing. All you need is a catchy domain name and you'll be on your way.

Nefarioud
12-09-2010, 02:44 PM

John K

You should start a website for enthusiasts who enjoy doing just that type of thing. All you need is a catchy domain name and you'll be on your way.

That would be nuts! No One in their right mind would waste hours on end reading every sentence in such a place....Don't listen to him it's a waste of the registration fees, unless of course you could charge people like...oh I don't know ...say $12? to get to the good stuff

moecarama
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM
:o what!

Rifleman51
12-09-2010, 06:17 PM
The Stevens is a Savage, so why the attitude?
It's a way for those who don't have big bucks to get a tac driving weapon and save money.

I have a Savage Model 10 Tac rifle and love it as well as others, but am on a tighter budget now and want a good shooting .223.

If I buy a Savage and re barrel it, I've spent a lot more money.
Either way I'm still supporting Savage, which I know to be the best value in rifles, either Savage or Stevens.

The post was for people who didn't realize that there was a good option available, not everyone knows.

"Don't Listen To Him" "Maybe He Should Start His Own Site"
About 5 years ago, I was the Gunsmithing Moderator on this site and was a Gunsmith. I was the one who started Savagegunsmithing .com. I injured my back and had to retire from gunsmithing, I gave the business to Scott Null who has it to this day.

There used to be respect on this site for people, has that changed? I sure hope not.

John K

feelinlucky
12-09-2010, 06:21 PM
everyone that has spoke up here is being sarcastic!! We all know about the stevens, most all have atleast one in the safe.

Rifleman51
12-09-2010, 06:32 PM
OK, I didn't see it as sarcasm. Many of you are very well versed when it comes to Savage/Stevens rifles, but there are new people who visit the site everyday.

It is for them the post was done.

John K

Nefarioud
12-09-2010, 08:53 PM
OK, I didn't see it as sarcasm. Many of you are very well versed when it comes to Savage/Stevens rifles, but there are new people who visit the site everyday.

It is for them the post was done.

John K

I was just funnin ya! Actually, I was goofing along with Lawton (that being the "him" I was referring to) . No Disrespect intended.

sha-ul
12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
looks like all tongues are firmly in cheek ;D

Nefarioud
12-09-2010, 11:58 PM
looks like all tongues are firmly in cheek ;D

IN-DEED

Rifleman51
12-10-2010, 12:42 AM
No Problem guys.

I have not been on the site for a while.

I know that many of you have a great deal of knowledge about Savage and firearms in general.

I many times do posts to help newer shooters or give them ideas, as the more people who activly get involved in shooting, the better off we all are.

No hard feelings on my part, I realize you guys all know each other and I for what ever reason didn't see that you were just havin a little fun. I like doing the same.

Best Regards, John K

BrentWin
12-10-2010, 04:51 PM
John,

Have fun with your upcoming rifle build. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or hit a snag. The guys on this sight are always ready to help.

Nefarioud
12-10-2010, 10:30 PM
John,

Have fun with your upcoming rifle build. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or hit a snag. The guys on this sight are always ready to help.

After poking fun at you of course D:

Dinosdeuce
12-11-2010, 02:11 PM
I have done the same with a Stevens action. Within the next 6 months I would like to start another build on a short action. I am on the bubble as to buy just a Savage action with accutrigger from here or buy another Stevens and get an after market trigger. The price is a wash at that point.