PDA

View Full Version : Savage Customer Service Did Me a Solid

indianasavage
05-12-2023, 09:15 PM
I started having the fairly common extraction issues with my Mark ii FV-SR. I tried some of the common YouTube techniques and definitely achieved some improvements, but still had the occasional FTE.

I wrote an e-mail to Savage customer service and followed-up with a phone call. I only provided my name and the firearm serial number. Savage sent me new L&R Extractors and a new Extractor Spring/Clip, free of charge. I just received them and will install soon.

Just wanted to give a positive shout-out to Savage Customer Service.

vince-m
05-13-2023, 12:25 PM
I just had same experience for the second time and even though not happy about problem very pleased with there customer service people.

sharpshooter
05-13-2023, 06:08 PM
The problem is not with the extractors. The problem lies in the chamber being too tight. There is not enough taper to let the case slide out. In every case I had, a little chamber clean-up with a standard 22LR chamber reamer solved the problem.

Irish Lad
05-24-2023, 09:54 AM
I started having the fairly common extraction issues with my Mark ii FV-SR. I tried some of the common YouTube techniques and definitely achieved some improvements, but still had the occasional FTE.

I wrote an e-mail to Savage customer service and followed-up with a phone call. I only provided my name and the firearm serial number. Savage sent me new L&R Extractors and a new Extractor Spring/Clip, free of charge. I just received them and will install soon.

Just wanted to give a positive shout-out to Savage Customer Service.

Good to here. Did it fix your FTE?

Don G
05-30-2023, 09:48 AM
The problem is not with the extractors. The problem lies in the chamber being too tight. There is not enough taper to let the case slide out. In every case I had, a little chamber clean-up with a standard 22LR chamber reamer solved the problem.

Yup, it is tight - which is a good thing but couple it with the fact most ammo has some sort of lube and the case expands when fired so if you don't keep the bore clean you'll have extraction problems. It's a pain to have to do but it's a fact of life these days. When I start having extraction problem and slowly open the bolt I can see the extractor slipping off the case. By watching the bolt close you can see it picks up the case nicely. If I'm shooting a match I clean the ammo before I go.