PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Korean Simmons Handgun scopes.

D. Sanders
04-29-2023, 05:37 PM
I know the Japanese Simmons scopes are pretty good scopes. Anybody here know anything (good or bad) about the ones made in Korea? Thanks in advance.

BobT
04-30-2023, 05:01 AM
I haven't had much luck with Simmons scopes, Japanese or Korean either one, I do know people that like them though.

D. Sanders
04-30-2023, 05:36 PM
I haven't had much luck with Simmons scopes, Japanese or Korean either one, I do know people that like them though.

Thanks for your input Bob.

BobT
04-30-2023, 07:58 PM
Sorry I couldn't be of much help! How's that .45/70 barrel treating you?

D. Sanders
05-01-2023, 10:33 AM
Sorry I couldn't be of much help! How's that .45/70 barrel treating you? It broke both wrists, busted my nose, and blacked one eye. LOL just kidding but I didn't care for the recoil with full power loads, so I put it up on the bay and got more for it than a new custom barrel costs so I was tickled. My Bullberry 45 Colt barrel will toss 45 slugs about as fast as I care to and with about half as much powder.

toddtd
05-01-2023, 11:57 AM
South Korean scopes used to be very good, but as far as i can tell they are not.

i have '80- mid 90s Swift scopes (South Korean) and they were as every bit as good a Leopold. as a matter of fact, Swift had an over-counter warranty. if the scope goes bad (such a broken reticle, gas escapes....), take it back to where you puchased it and they can put on new one free of charge. but time changes, companies are sold and sold again (sold, then sold, then sold....) and the bean counters say they can do it at 1/2 the price and no warranty.

so i went to Leopold and Vortex.

D. Sanders
05-02-2023, 12:11 PM
South Korean scopes used to be very good, but as far as i can tell they are not.

i have '80- mid 90s Swift scopes (South Korean) and they were as every bit as good a Leopold. as a matter of fact, Swift had an over-counter warranty. if the scope goes bad (such a broken reticle, gas escapes....), take it back to where you puchased it and they can put on new one free of charge. but time changes, companies are sold and sold again (sold, then sold, then sold....) and the bean counters say they can do it at 1/2 the price and no warranty.

so i went to Leopold and Vortex.

Thanks for the input Todd.

61Knuckle
05-05-2023, 05:55 PM
The only Simmons I still own is a 4 X 32 that came on a Contender barrel I was trading for and it's chicom production. OK for the pellet pistol it's mounted on, but I wouldn't actually buy it. I remember the earlier Simmons scopes as being pretty good 'budget' scopes, but that was 25+ years ago.