PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Did some ammo test with my Mark II FV

nonnieselman
12-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I cleaned up my rifle and went out with a bunch of different types of ammo, cheap and expensive..

Here is what the best ammo did at 100yards.
SK Standard Plus

I had shot this target with some Wolf Target Match and they hit low so i was able to have the top half of the target to use the sighter box to test the SKs.
First round almost hit the x ring, aiming at the sighter box, brought it up some and the next round was just a lil low left. 3 clicks up and 2 right. Mag holds 5 rounds plus 1 in the chamber. Next 4 were just a hair under .5" at 100yds. Ill take that anyday!!
I had to wait till the wind died down between shots so i was out there for almost 6 hours

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/nonnieselman/Shooting/moto_0245.jpg

Most of the other ammo was a 2" group.. some about an inch.. i ran a bore snake down the barrel between brands and put rounds down it till i saw the group tighten up and then checked for groups.

I have 8 more diff ones to try before i settle on what to get, but i think the SK SP might be the ticket. And being subsonic it is very nice with the suppressor.

When i got thru i took the can off to clean it out and boy was it nasty, 600rds of good ole nasty 22.

Golfbuddy45
12-07-2010, 06:43 PM
In case you did not know SK and WOLF are manufactured by the same company. Check out the WOLF HOME PAGE for Rimfire ammo and you will find the SK lines there also.

nonnieselman
12-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Yea i know.. but SK is cheaper and actually shoots better for me.. The wolf was only an inch group. Got some more testing to do tho.

Rifleman51
12-17-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll have to try the SK. I've had really great groups with the Wolf in my BRJ, .1" range, 5 shots at 50 on a good wind day.

I just bought 5 boxes of Federal Auto Match and am sorting them as to rim thickness, which is something I do with all my rimfire ammo.
I have yet to try the Auto Match. I know it's not true match ammo, but some get some decent groups with them. If nothing else, they might be a good inexpensive plinking ammo which is more accurate than most big box ammo.

The new rifles coming out soon with the 16" barrels should be interesting. The barrel should be stiffer and it will produce lower FPS which may allow some ammo that goes from supersonic to sub sonic to exit the barrel subsonic. This way the flight of the bullet does not get upset when going from supersonic to subsonic. It may be a good thing and open up the possibility of using some types of ammo that did not shoot well in the longer barreled rifles.

John K