PDA

View Full Version : Boyd's Left hand SA "classic"

Grott
12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Help, I'm really confused with the Boyd's site. I'm looking for a classic stock for a LH SA option, for a left hand bolt.

Thanks

Garett

SFLEFTY
12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Actually, I think they're confused more than you. They seem to now list only LH stocks for RH actions, which makes no sense at all to me. They do occasionally make a run of true LH left bolt stocks like you want, but you will have to catch them. Maybe ask them to put you on a waiting list and let you know when they run them. Good luck, it should be a nice stock. What does Stocky's carry for you?

shovelheadave
12-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Sent them a message asking if I could get one without the bolt handle cut in it. Since the only difference in the actions is the side the bolt is on, figured this would be a good option. Never heard back on it.

Guess they didn't think it was as good an idea as I did :)

Nor Cal Mikie
12-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I just asked them the same queation a couple of days ago. Sure would be easy to eliminate the right bolt handle cut and solve a lot of problems being that the right and left hand actions are the same except for the bolt handles. Make a few people quite happy in the process.
They just directed me to a couple of left hand, right bolt stocks.DUH!! ::)
I guess change is a hard thing for some folks. ;)

shovelheadave
12-08-2010, 10:35 PM
They did get back to me on this, I'd asked if I could buy one of the LH (Right Bolt) stocks unfinished, before the slot was cut. They said no dice but, suggested I watch they clearance page incase something would come up.