PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 FTF

pjcactusjack
03-24-2023, 07:50 PM
I have a Savage 110 ultralight in 6.5 creedmoor. I have very unreliable feed issues. The bolt has to be really forcibly worked in order to have it feed sometimes. The feeding is very rough. Does anybody have any suggestions to smooth out the feeding? Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Hoback
03-24-2023, 09:04 PM
Is it kinda jamming, requiring you to pull the bolt back slightly then push it back into the chamber? Or is it another issue? Can you explain exactly what it’s doing & with what ammunition?

Turkeytider
03-25-2023, 04:59 PM
Might be an issue with the infamous Savage magazine.

vince_ross
03-26-2023, 01:02 AM
Might be an issue with the infamous Savage magazine.

Like Dave said, he really needs to describe in great detail what about it’s feeding issue. Pictures maybe also. It could be anything from the type of ammo to burrs in the chamber, bolt issue, has the gun been modified at all...etc. Could be the mag also.

pdog06
03-26-2023, 01:18 PM
The roughness of the bolt could also be due to the spiral fluted bolt. Some have reported the bolt not being smooth with them and it usually takes a lot of cycling to smooth out the sharp edges of the fluting.
I have 2 of those bolt bodies. One is just as smooth as you’d expect it to be, The other one is on a new unfired LWH action(basically same as ultralight action) and cycles fine, however if I try to cycle quick and hold upward pressure on the bolt while pulling back it does drag somewhat. It will smooth out eventually. Just takes time.

I doubt this would be causing any misfeeding though.

Dave Hoback
03-26-2023, 04:57 PM
Indeed. This is why we need an exact explanation of what it’s doing. We already know the answer