PDA

View Full Version : Savage enthusiast from the Mitten

Steelsmasher71
03-13-2023, 11:38 AM
Hello all. I am a Savage lovin' hunter and all around gun sport nut!! I've spent many more years in the field than on this computer!! I never knew there was such a vast selection of websites to share my experiences and knowledge, as well as gain so much more knowledge! Wish I had been here years ago. I am currently working on a couple different Savage projects. First is a Savage 12 FV currently chambered for .308. I have an MDT LSS XL (fixed interface) chassis that it will sit in. I ordered a barrel from Shaw chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and 22" long. This particular build is doing away with the barrel nut and shouldered barrel. Instead I chose to stick with a 1.250" straight barrel! Heavy, that's my style!! This is going to be my go to coyote rig. The second project I have is a Savage Axis project. It came as a 6.5creedmoor. This is going to be my "switch barrel" rifle. I would like to buy 3 barrels, a 6.5creedmoor, a 22creedmoor and an 8.6blackout. It will be nested on a KRG Bravo. Hoping to find a nice donor for a 6.5PRC build or 300PRC build!!

Dave Hoback
03-14-2023, 01:57 AM
Welcome. Better late than never;)

There are 1 or 2 other members here at least, who prefer the Shoulder barrel method. I’m not among them. Honestly speaking, even if I had the space for a proper lathe in my work room, I’d still do Barrel nuts on any Action. There has been enough data & empirical evidence shown which supports there being no accuracy improvement in favor of either method. But I get it. Some people think the barrel nuts look ugly, LOL!

Welcome on partner. Sounds like you have a few good stories to share.

ragsflh
03-14-2023, 01:51 PM
welcome