PDA

View Full Version : 11 Bottom bolt release

Supersparks
03-01-2023, 07:33 PM
I have a model 11 bottom bolt release with a mag and would like it to be a blind mag. I have a few wood stocks that are blind mags. Do I just need the box, spring and follower or will it not work this way?
Thanks,
Clinton

kwarw1
03-12-2023, 02:38 PM
Yes. buy an Axis mag in your caliber and take the bottom off. there is a little metal part that goes under the rear action screw that holds it down. I don't use it myself I wedge mine in with wood shims after I get it exactly where I want it. Good luck.

Dave Hoback
03-13-2023, 11:59 AM
Doing this will require fabrication/custom work. Are any of the stocks you have, specifically for a Savage SA bottom bolt release? If not, you’ll need to satisfy that requirement.

One option may be to modify your pre-existing magazine and anchor it in a blind mag stock. Another option is calling Savage for the blind mag parts. Another member did this in a thread in the past year, unfortunately I can’t remember the thread exactly. And I have no idea of the part numbers, so you would need to speak to Savage about that. Can’t hurt to give it a try. Just be honest & explain what you are trying to do. They will want your serial #, but it won’t help, as they need to look for parts for a blind mag 10/110 Action.

kwarw1
03-14-2023, 07:11 PM
Your right Dave.I missed the BBR part. A Boyd's stock is probably his best bet IMO