PDA

View Full Version : Howdy all!

MrSmitty
02-27-2023, 10:55 PM
Howdy all, new to Savage rifles, I've wanted one for years, ever since I saw the original Savage Tactical, but never had one til this week end..I was meant to be, I was leaving a gun show, having no luck finding anything I was willing trade the gun i brung.... As I was leaving, I saw a guy picking up a left hand (I'm right handed, but shoot lefty rifle, plus I'm left eye dominant) bolt gun, I asked him what he wanted for it....It was in my price range (Cue heavenly music), it was in .308 (music increases in volume) Asked him if he would trade for my gun (Light shines down on me) He would!! So, now I own a Left hand Savage Model 11 in .308........

Dave Hoback
02-27-2023, 11:42 PM
Welcome partner.

Great little story.. Congrats! And enjoy it. I’m a crazy Savage fan as well. Not many as loyal as I am. A Model 111 in 30-06 was my first Savage. That was in 1996, when I was 18yo. Purchased several others through the next several years. However, for the last 7 years & going forward I will only custom build them from stripped Actions. I do absolutely love these Rigs. (Not so much the company itself…bunch of NON-Customer Service having TARDS they are!) But not the 10/110’s fault. Hope you get as much enjoyment from yours as I do mine.

ragsflh
02-28-2023, 08:43 AM
howdy

MrSmitty
02-28-2023, 12:08 PM
Welcome partner.

Great little story.. Congrats! And enjoy it. I’m a crazy Savage fan as well. Not many as loyal as I am. A Model 111 in 30-06 was my first Savage. That was in 1996, when I was 18yo. Purchased several others through the next several years. However, for the last 7 years & going forward I will only custom build them from stripped Actions. I do absolutely love these Rigs. (Not so much the company itself…bunch of NON-Customer Service having TARDS they are!) But not the 10/110’s fault. Hope you get as much enjoyment from yours as I do mine. Thanks! My absolute Savage dream gun ,would be a Model 99 in .308....