PDA

View Full Version : Armscor 223 Rem 62 grain FMJ - Has anyone tried any recently?

geezerhood
02-26-2023, 09:41 PM
I have an opportunity to buy some at a very good price for the current market, but I have to get 1000 rounds. I don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't shoot. I am pretty sure Google hates me, as I could not find any accuracy reports on recent production stuff.

I have barrels with twist rates that should be ideal for a 62 grain bullet and a few that would probably shoot it OK. Any help from someone who has actually shot it in bolt action or an AR, please chime in.

Thanks,!

Dave Hoback
02-26-2023, 10:44 PM
I don’t believe the Armscor 62gr 223 is made for any notable accuracy. I think it’s being sold as basic plinking ammo. Probably going to have accuracy on par with the Remington UMC, Winchester White Box & TUL Ammunition.

If you are looking for accuracy, you want to look to ammunition with either Boat Tail Hollow Points (BTHP), Open Tip Match (OTM), or Ballistic Tip. FMJ, Full Metal Jacket ammunition is typically, not going to be among the more accurate ammo.

That said, it’s fine to shoot. Just don’t expect great accuracy with it. It will likely be satisfactory.

wbm
02-27-2023, 07:59 AM
I have actually shot it in a bolt gun and an AR. Would I buy Armscor 62gr 223 ammunition again? No.

geezerhood
03-02-2023, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback.