PDA

View Full Version : Hogue stock

Cornbread
02-22-2023, 01:08 PM
Anyone have any experience with the hogue full bedding block stocks?

MS50
02-23-2023, 08:23 AM
I used one with a Mod10 in 308. I pulled the receiver and barrel off of a B&C varmint/tactical and installed it in the Hogue bedding block for PRS style shooting because it is so incredibly light. I torque tuned the receiver to .5 MOA groups at 100 yards, 55 front, 50 rear. I used the rifle for a couple of years, mostly for steel matches. My results suddenly went south. I checked torque and free floating. Found the barrel was no longer centered in the barrel channel. I found the plastic around the left side of the rear V block was distorted. Also found no indication that the recoil lug was contacting the front-facing aspect of the lug recess. The action screws were probably absorbing all of the recoil. If I knew this from the start, I would've verified recoil lug contact, and bedded at least the front V block. In a previous thread, my opinion was that Accustocks and Hogue stocks do not need to be bedded. Speaking only to the Hogue stock I bought, I was wrong. I am currently piecing together a 223 using another brand of V block stock. The recoil lug is not contacting the lug recess. I am preparing the V blocks for bedding. I loved the Hogue stock when it was working for me.