PDA

View Full Version : Contender Barrel Cleaning Stand

Pages : 1 [2]

lonehunter
05-18-2023, 04:38 PM
Yes, I made the barrel cleaning/ scope mounting stand back in the day! I have thought about making them again but not sure people would pay what they would cost to make and ship.

BobT
05-18-2023, 10:26 PM
Yes, I made the barrel cleaning/ scope mounting stand back in the day! I have thought about making them again but not sure people would pay what they would cost to make and ship.

I would be interested for sure!

Slowpoke Slim
05-19-2023, 08:38 AM

I would say figure out what you'd need to charge and then make a forum thread here in the SP forums to see if you get enough interest.

You may be surprised?

jimreed1948
06-16-2023, 08:18 AM
It is yours. There was a time that I used it constantly but then I got a bench vise, made soft jaws for it and heaven used it since. Glad it's going to someone that'll use it again. It was made by Lonehunter (on SP).

Can you post photos of what you use now? It would be interesting to see.

Julesk
06-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Here's a pic with a barrel in it. I use it to clean all my guns. I also use a vice with soft jaws in the garage when weather is nice.
https://i.postimg.cc/YqNHzKx2/IMG-20230616-133915.jpg

Bob Roach
06-28-2023, 11:01 PM
Some very good cleaning vise ideas.

Bob R

Bob Roach
06-28-2023, 11:13 PM
Julesk your stand looks very nice. What are you using for padding in the jaws?

Bob Cat made a Spotting Scope stand using 3/4" Pipe, with a Pipe Clamp to attach it to the Bench Top. He then mounted a Camera Tripod Head to the top end of the Pipe to mount the Spotting Scope to. I made a copy of Bob Cat's Spotting Scope Stand, which works GREAT.

I next made a second version only with a 6" Carpenters Vise welded to the top of the pipe instead of the Camera Tripod Head. I added Nylon Blocks to the vise jaws. This cleaning vise works pretty well for Range Cleaning of my handguns. It could stand better Vise Jaw Pads however.

Bob R

BobT
06-29-2023, 07:50 PM
Julesk your stand looks very nice. What are you using for padding in the jaws?

Bob Cat made a Spotting Scope stand using 3/4" Pipe, with a Pipe Clamp to attach it to the Bench Top. He then mounted a Camera Tripod Head to the top end of the Pipe to mount the Spotting Scope to. I made a copy of Bob Cat's Spotting Scope Stand, which works GREAT.

I next made a second version only with a 6" Carpenters Vise welded to the top of the pipe instead of the Camera Tripod Head. I added Nylon Blocks to the vise jaws. This cleaning vise works pretty well for Range Cleaning of my handguns. It could stand better Vise Jaw Pads however.

Bob R

Good to see you back Bob! My original spotting scope stand disappeared along with my Bower style rest and my Rock bench rest when somebody helped themselves to my range box out of the back of my truck. I'm really glad my SEB Mini-X wasn't in there too! So at some point I'll have to make a new scope stand.

bigdaddy0442
01-02-2024, 06:20 PM
It took me a year but I finally finished my version of a Contender Barrel Stand to use for cleaning.1027210273
It was a fun project. If you get bored it was fairly easy once I got all the measurements figured out.

Mjshell
01-02-2024, 09:32 PM
Very nice!!!

BobT
01-03-2024, 08:31 AM
Nice job bigdaddy!