PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 Elite Precision Issue

peeplwtchr
02-06-2023, 02:32 PM
Hi All-
I have about 150 rounds through my rifle, and now the trigger safety will sometimes lock and not allow me to fire. I can recock it several times and it will fire, but then intermittently the firing pin won't strike the primer. I have not altered the factory setting on the trigger pull. Does anyone know what the issue could be? I just called Savage, and they advised to send it in, however they have a 5 week backlog I want to avoid.

Thanks!

sharpshooter
02-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Re-adjust the trigger.They will typically wear in and get slightly out of adjustment. You just need a little more pressure to prevent the safety blade from tripping.

peeplwtchr
02-06-2023, 06:59 PM
Re-adjust the trigger.They will typically wear in and get slightly out of adjustment. You just need a little more pressure to prevent the safety blade from tripping.

Thanks!

Dave Hoback
02-06-2023, 07:50 PM
Yup… increase the preload & alls well. This is why I like setting up the triggers with my own springs. I get very good preload tension, but the spring is thinner gauge wire so it’s lighter even with more preload.

peeplwtchr
02-13-2023, 05:11 PM
This resolved it, thanks!