PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Scales

Pages : 1 2 [3]

PhilC
02-18-2023, 11:26 AM
I can't shoot well enough that hundredth's of a grain would matter, but that is still a nice setup. Like charlie b, I also use metal tweezers, mine are curved SS needle point. They work quite well at picking up grains of powder I occasionally drop on my bench.

South Prairie jim
02-24-2023, 11:38 AM
I started reloading by setting up my RCBS Competition powder measure to drop just under 40.8 grains and trickled up to the target of 40.8 grains. I found the powder measure is more accurate than I thought it was when I was using a digital scale that only displayed to tenths.

That black dot in the lower left corner comes on when the scale is weighing and changing the display.

The scale isn't especially fast at weighing a charge, but its sensitive enough to recognize when you're trickling and the unstable icon comes on as it responds to the powder being dropped into the pan. If you try to go too fast, you can overshoot the mark because the scale isn't fast enough to keep up. It's not slow, just not especially fast.

Displaying two digits to the right of the decimal point makes it easier to measure accurately, but it also causes some issues when you're .002 below the target and drop a grain into the pan and it shoots up to .003 over.
Nice scale’ the windshield should help out also. If you like cool stuff.. checkout the little dandy trickler.