PDA

View Full Version : Power boosted scopes

223Rem
12-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Sure wish there was a company that offered the service of boosting the magnification power of your scope like Premier Reticle used do for Leupold.

Tried the Bulzeye Optical Booster but it was not what I expected. Great service however and would not hestitate buying from them again if the need came about.

Really surprised noone has taken on this task.

GaCop
12-05-2010, 09:17 AM
What didn't you like about the Bulzeye. I was toying with the idea of trying them.

223Rem
12-05-2010, 10:03 AM
What didn't you like about the Bulzeye. I was toying with the idea of trying them.

The gain in perceived magnification was nominal. It brought my VX-3 LR 6.5-20x40 to maybe 8-25x and this was with a 3x booster. Granted the field of view appeared to have sharper contrast, but I have better than 20/20 vision. This was actually a concern the gentleman relayed to me prior to purchasing the booster. Better the vision, less the effect of the booster. Another thing he had me do was hold a newpaper out in front of me and slowly bring it in towards my eyes. I was able to read the print to about 3-4" in front of my face. This was another one of his concerns. The booster is apparently geared more towards older or weaker eyes, in that it boost the clarity and sharpness not necessary the magnification power.

You should really try the test before buying: http://www.bulzeyepro.com/optical-booster-faqs.php

Blue Avenger
12-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I wanted to use a 5x but my eyes would only work up to 2x. They are a great Co. to work with and will trade lenses with you so you get what you need.

GaCop
12-05-2010, 12:36 PM
I HAD 20/15 vision up until my 40s. Now I need bifocals for closeup work but my long range vision is still good I shoot pistol and rifle w/o glasses but if I tried putting reading matter 3 or 4 inches from my eyes I would be unable to read w/o glasses.