PDA

View Full Version : XP100 Build in 22 Long Rifle

Pages : 1 [2]

HandgunhuntingAfield
02-25-2023, 12:33 AM
Center or rear grip?

If it’s a rear I’d just try some other triggers in it. Anything…..

it’s possible they have some hole locations off.

Lorinorm
02-25-2023, 07:22 AM
Bob, I have dealt with what I think is the problem multiple times. If we can figure out how to get in touch, I will try to help.
Norm

Bob Roach
02-25-2023, 11:36 PM
Lorinorm
My email is twobugs70 AT gmail.com
It will be Monday before I get to check in at the shop and see what they have found out.

It has an original Remington XP100 Center Grip Trigger with Mike Dewey Extended Linkage for the Remington 700 Short Action Footprint.

Bob R

HandgunhuntingAfield
02-26-2023, 12:02 AM
The explanation of the trigger system helps.

just need a better explanation of what it’s doing.

there are a few quirks with a center grip trigger. None are too difficult to work out.

Bob Roach
03-07-2023, 11:09 AM
This is where the build is at as of March 07, 2023.
The metal work is completed. The barrel has been cut to 15", Crowned, and the Chamber cut with a Match Reamer. The barrel has been marked 22 Long Rifle as requested. The Scope base has been made into a Two Piece to get better access to load it. The barreled action has been Ceracoated in Satin Black. Some additional opening up of the Jim Rockwell stock has been done, mainly in the Barrel Lug area.

As you know we ended up not getting the old factory XP100 Trigger to work.
I have a new Center Grip XP100 Trigger Ordered from Dell Taylor.
The Trigger is ready to ship as soon as my check arrives, which I put in the mail last Friday.
My best guess is that I should have the trigger in hand by the first of next week. After my gunsmith "Hunts Long Range" gets the trigger, final assembly should not take very long. We will need to decide if Glass Bedding would be beneficial at that point.

Bob R

61Knuckle
03-07-2023, 03:43 PM
Congrats on your progress. You know that its getting close to time for some pix.
:cool:

BobT
03-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Any updates Bob ?

Dan L
10-11-2023, 09:25 PM
Bob, what ever became of this endeavor?

Dan

BobT
10-20-2023, 08:44 AM
Not the correct Bob but I have seen this pistol in person, it's finished and while I didn't get a chance to shoot it Bob says it's a great shooter. I do know it's a great looking/feeling pistol.

Bob Roach
10-29-2023, 11:11 AM
Thanks Bobcat for the response. I have not been on here for a while.
The build has a couple quirks, but nothing serious. Not sure what reamer the chamber was cut with, however it will not reliably extract gooey match ammo. HOWEVER it shoots Federal Auto Match much better than expected, and it does extract for 50 to 60 rounds before needing a chamber cleaning. I have pretty much decided to leave it alone, and just shoot Auto Match through it.
We ended up cutting the Factory PTG Scope base into two pieces to get better access to the chamber. I have the same scope on it that I have on my Hunting Nosler M48 in 6.5CM. The Weaver 2.5-10X Classic Extreme. I purpose built the XP100 22LR as a Practice Pistol that I did not need to reload for. It has this goal covered just fine. Liking the reasonably cheap and available Federal Auto Match was a Bonus.

I need to get in more Range Time, we are down to two weeks till the Missouri Deer Season. Time is going by in a blur.

If someone can post pictures, I can probably figure out how to send them a picture to their phone.

Bob R