PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered some more brass…

Dave Hoback
01-11-2023, 11:48 PM
Ordered some Lapua 260 brass and man is it getting scarce! Honestly, I’ve been waiting months for the Alpha & ADG brass to be in stock. But it doesn’t seem like they’ll ever be back. Not the I’m complaining mind you.. (Lapua is likely the best of them all anyway) But I wanted to try those other two. Still, I just couldn’t wait any longer. Not only seeing supplies keep twindling down, but it’s like it goes up in price a couple bucks every month? It wasn’t but a few months ago I could have ordered this same Lapua for about $105 shipped..maybe a few bucks less. I just paid $127 shipped for this 100. And that was the best price! It’s scary what some places are trying to charge.

charlie b
01-12-2023, 09:40 AM
Very true. Inflation has hit pretty big since the covid handouts started and increased tariffs on imported goods. Wages are up across the board. Someone has to pay for all that and it is the consumer. Compared to my grocery bill, reloading supplies have not gone up that much :)

I've been waiting for some .308 Palma brass for quite a while. I put off purchasing some replacements a little too long and then covid hit. Heck, the local store had some 6x47 Lapua brass over a year ago. You'd think .308 would be higher on the list :)

celltech
01-12-2023, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately Lapua is not making .308 Palma at the moment as they concentrate on other cases...glad I stocked up on a couple hundred when I could. I might try some Starline when it is back in stock...

https://www.lapua.com/message-regarding-lapua-case-availability/

Dave Hoback
01-12-2023, 01:16 PM
Very true. Inflation has hit pretty big since the covid handouts started and increased tariffs on imported goods. Wages are up across the board. Someone has to pay for all that and it is the consumer. Compared to my grocery bill, reloading supplies have not gone up that much :)

I've been waiting for some .308 Palma brass for quite a while. I put off purchasing some replacements a little too long and then covid hit. Heck, the local store had some 6x47 Lapua brass over a year ago. You'd think .308 would be higher on the list :)

Covid?? Tisk, tisk… it’s no secret why ALL the woes of inflation, crazy prices & crime are out of control. That is, because the democrat party of slavery is a FAILURE to citizens. But that is neither here nor there.

Even staring at this, I’m not worried about brass. My fondness for the 260 Remington is due in part, to the ease at which I can convert 7.62x51 & 308 brass. Of which I have a stockpile! Added to this, like anyone else, Lapua gives at least 10 high quality reloadings. I’ve heard some doing 15-20!! Quite a feet… a mere 100 cases taking the place of 2000 lower class piece… incredible! Again, I wanted to put the Alpha or ADG up to this task. Lastly, given my lack of shooting these days, I’m in good position of not running dry of components.

charlie b
01-12-2023, 04:36 PM
Yep, my Lapua brass routinely goes for 20 reloads. A year or two worth of shooting for me.

This stuff started before the dems took office this time. Some trade policies started by Obama and others by Trump. Trump signed off all the hand outs during COVID. Current group have not slowed it and moving more production to US is only going to make inflation worse. BOTH sides are at fault here!!!!!

Ernest T
01-12-2023, 10:31 PM
I was looking at Lapua 6.5 PRC brass and its approaching $200 for a hundred. Crazy.

Dave Hoback
01-13-2023, 03:22 PM
Oh I love getting new brass.. Good job Scheels! Now… if I could grab 100 Alpha cases & 100 ADG cases, I’d be a happy, happy man!

Scttschnd
01-13-2023, 03:42 PM
Used to See ADG in the orange flip top boxes at Scheels in Springfield IL all the time. I no longer have a job on the road so I never get other that way. Peterson and Starline have been scarce also. My last Lapua SRP were just under $100 but that was thru a buddy. I should ask what it is now.

prdatr
01-13-2023, 08:08 PM
I was able to score 100 pieces of AMD in 7Mag a couple of months ago. But was on a waiting list for quite a while.

charlie b
01-14-2023, 09:32 AM
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/starline-308-match-brass-small-primer/
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/lapua-308-win-palma-sr-prmr-100/

Not sure if these prices will stick with the new production runs. Probably go up another 50%

Dave Hoback
01-14-2023, 04:06 PM
One thing I’ll say: I wish Lapua would lose the fancy box and put the savings in the brass. I’d be fine with a cardboard box.

8mm RUM
01-14-2023, 06:34 PM
OMG I just saw some new Nosler brass box of 25 for my 8mmRM, $149. WHAT?

charlie b
01-14-2023, 09:21 PM
A lot of vendors are marking things up a lot, especially if no one else has what they are selling.

I start at the mfg websites, if they list a cost, and then compare to the vendor prices.