tred1956
01-08-2023, 03:43 PM
If this is not OK please delete!!!!!

https://www.natchezss.com/reloading/primer?in_stock_only=true

Safe shooting
Doug

Other primers are a lot LOWER than the BR4 below

Still a BIT high for me 5000 CCI BR4 $973.34 Deliverd

https://i.postimg.cc/7hxM5rBw/20230108-140229.jpg (https://postimg.cc/YGsmPZKs)

Ernest T
01-08-2023, 09:07 PM
You maximize your hazmat fee that way!

I actually ordered large rifle primers from them last week. Now if Alliant RL-15, 16 and 17 would show up!

J.Baker
01-09-2023, 12:15 PM
Apparently I'm not going to be shooting my centerfire's much again this year because I flat out refuse to pay those ridiculous prices. $173 for 1k of BR4's? Think I'll be spending the next year shooting a lot more sporting clays as at least 12ga bird shot is still relatively cheap.

charlie b
01-09-2023, 04:47 PM
CCI match primers have always been too expensive. I've been using their small rifle and pistol magnum primers and they do well.

My large rifle are winchester or federal match, but, haven't seen any lately.

ragsflh
01-10-2023, 09:54 AM
too high

Dave Hoback
01-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Makes me glad almost I don’t shoot much. And even when I do, it’s like 50rds max. Those prices are pretty high, unfortunately, I believe that just might be the new norm. Even if things calm down more, manufacturer’s have gotten a taste.. and they like it. I believe they will continue to cause artificial short supplies & keep prices crazy. Because those with money will continue hoarding them & jacking up the prices.

South Prairie jim
01-10-2023, 10:54 AM
https://www.kygunco.com/product/cci-br-4-case-small-rifle-primer-5000rd
here ya go

Ernest T
01-11-2023, 12:03 AM
I've been stopping in gun shops looking for primers whenever I'm in the are and today I stopped by the local Bass Pro Shop and they had quite an assortment of small rifle primers in stock. They had CCI 400 small rifle primers, 450 magnum small rifle primers, and BR-4 bench rest small rifle primers and Remington 6 1/2 SRP and 7 1/2 bench Rest SRPs. The CCI 400s were $89, the 450s were $99 and bench rest primers much higher.

charlie b
01-11-2023, 10:00 AM
Yep, our local Cabelas always seems to have a bunch of small pistol and small rifle primers. They have also gone up to a 1000 limit per customer. The Sportsmans here, when they have any primers, still limit it to 200 per customer.

Seems Cabelas/Bass Pro are at the top of the food chain for primers and powder.

I just wish someone would start making enough large rifle primers. I wonder of the switch to the 6.8 has changed the manufacturing enough that LR primers will become more rare.

I've been keeping an eye out for the .308 Palma brass (small rifle primers), but, it seems to be just as rare.

Then I need to stock up on some SP brass for the .45acp and I'll be all set.

70sdiver
01-11-2023, 06:34 PM
Makes me glad almost I don’t shoot much. And even when I do, it’s like 50rds max. Those prices are pretty high, unfortunately, I believe that just might be the new norm. Even if things calm down more, manufacturer’s have gotten a taste.. and they like it. I believe they will continue to cause artificial short supplies & keep prices crazy. Because those with money will continue hoarding them & jacking up the prices.
It will be the new norm if we all keep paying those prices. I feel with the shipping from china dropping to almost pre pandemic we should be paying no more than 30 percent more than before the pandemic started. That gives the manufactures plenty of profit.

Ernest T
01-11-2023, 08:49 PM
Yep, our local Cabelas always seems to have a bunch of small pistol and small rifle primers. They have also gone up to a 1000 limit per customer. The Sportsmans here, when they have any primers, still limit it to 200 per customer.

Seems Cabelas/Bass Pro are at the top of the food chain for primers and powder.

I just wish someone would start making enough large rifle primers. I wonder of the switch to the 6.8 has changed the manufacturing enough that LR primers will become more rare.

I've been keeping an eye out for the .308 Palma brass (small rifle primers), but, it seems to be just as rare.

Then I need to stock up on some SP brass for the .45acp and I'll be all set.

I've found LRP on line, but not locally for some reason. On-line is a killer with hazmat fees and shipping added to the price.

Ernest T
01-11-2023, 08:50 PM
It will be the new norm if we all keep paying those prices. I feel with the shipping from china dropping to almost pre pandemic we should be paying no more than 30 percent more than before the pandemic started. That gives the manufactures plenty of profit.

Aren't most primers made in the USA?

charlie b
01-11-2023, 09:06 PM
Used to be kind of a wash, with all the Russian primers available. Then the previous admins started putting all kinds of restrictions on stuff. Then the ammo companies have been going through management changes so I think there are only really two left, Vista Outdoors and Olin (not counting govt operations).