PDA

View Full Version : ss actions

Yotewhacker
12-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know if there is any difference between a stainless action on a model 12 vlp or the model 16 fcss? They look alike to me, but looks can be deceiving. ;D

stumpjumper400
12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Action...not that I know of.
Trigger....I believe so.

82boy
12-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Exact same action.
Same trigger just a diferent spring.

northlander
12-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Be careful that the Model 16 FCSS is not a Accu-Stock Model. If it is then the Actions will not be the same.

Jim Briggs
NSS

82boy
12-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Be careful that the Model 16 FCSS is not a Accu-Stock Model. If it is then the Actions will not be the same.

Jim Briggs
NSS

Hey Jim,
What is different with the actions?

Carvera
12-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I too think the actions are the same, but there will be slight differences. I believe that's what Jim's trying to get at. The cocking indicatior on the BAS, the bolt release in the trigger guard, the trigger guard itself. Just to mention a few things off the top of my head that would make those actions different.

82boy
12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
It just dawned on me, the accu-stock guns, do not have the cut out on the side for the bolt release flag.

northlander
12-05-2010, 05:34 PM
That is the biggest difference, the Accu-Stock Rifles do not offer the shooters the ability to swap stocks and a few other related parts. You can go to SSS or another custom stock builder but nothing else from Savage will "just fit". You also have the Accu-Wedge gizmo that Fred tells people to toss. The Accu-Stock has a few pluses but it seems to have limited flexability and it locks you into a "Factory Recoil Lug".

The bad news is almost all Model 16 and 116 Rifles are converted over to the Accu-Stock system.

Jim Briggs
NSS

82boy
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
That is the biggest difference, the Accu-Stock Rifles do not offer the shooters the ability to swap stocks and a few other related parts. You can go to SSS or another custom stock builder but nothing else from Savage will "just fit". You also have the Accu-Wedge gizmo that Fred tells people to toss. The Accu-Stock has a few pluses but it seems to have limited flexability and it locks you into a "Factory Recoil Lug".

The bad news is almost all Model 16 and 116 Rifles are converted over to the Accu-Stock system.

Jim Briggs
NSS

Good call Jim!
I would have totaly missed that, until I gave it a second thought. (If that would have happened.)

Yotewhacker
12-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the all the good info guys.

So from what Jim posted, am I to understand that cannot just pull your action from the accustock, and drop it in a laminated wood stock?

northlander
12-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Yotewhacker,
All of the Accu-Stock Rifles have a different receiver (there is no cocking indicator on the rh side of these receivers) the Bolt release is now a push button system that is located in front of the Trigger Guard. They will not swap from non Accu-Stock Action to Accu-Stock Actions. This is the reason that I have not ordered in any of the newer Accu-Stock Actions.

SSS can build you a custom stock that will work with the Accu-Stock Rifles. I am sure that other custom stock markers will work with you as well.

Jim Briggs
NSS

tammons
12-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Speaking of SS actions, how much do normal centerfeed bare short actions go for ??