PDA

View Full Version : Savage 219C 30/30

BT
01-01-2023, 09:16 PM
Here’s one we don’t talk about. I inherited one several years ago. Some day I’d like to have it D&T for a scope. Is there a one piece base available? I’ve seen two base sets in photos, but I’d rather go with a one piece if possible. Is there anything to be aware of when drilling the barrel or is it a pretty straightforward task?

Slowpoke Slim
01-02-2023, 01:12 PM
I think the only scope mounts I've seen for one have been 2 pc Weavers?

Seems like it was so many years ago... Not sure.

BobT
01-02-2023, 08:30 PM
There should be a 1 piece that will work on it. I'm thinking it has a groove over the chamber, correct? I had one in .22 Hornet several years ago that had a side mounted base on it. As far as drilling and tapping, it should be pretty straight forward.

BT
01-02-2023, 11:11 PM
Yes, it has a pair of grooves, almost like a rimfire barrel has. I’ve seen the side mounts but I don’t particularly care for those.

TheOverUnderKid
04-30-2023, 11:53 AM
Yes, it has a pair of grooves, almost like a rimfire barrel has. I’ve seen the side mounts but I don’t particularly care for those.

I've got a Weaver K4-60B on mine with Weaver (older) clamp style bases....

61Knuckle
05-05-2023, 06:05 PM
The few I have seen had a grooved barrel for a mount. Probably 3/8" / 11mm, check out BKL for mounts. Airguns and .22's often use this type mount and they are available.

BT
05-16-2023, 09:43 AM
I recently read where a fella used an Encore scope base. Said the contour was comparable. I’ve yet to check myself but MGM offers their bases in a few different lengths, so I’m thinking a 4” may be the choice to go with to limit the overhang at the front as he mentioned a standard length base did hang out there a bit due to the taper of the barrel.

A buddy just discovered a gunsmith relatively nearby who does custom rifle building, so I may have a candidate to do the D&T for me.