PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 112

Randymarythomas
12-31-2022, 11:50 AM
New savage owner. I have owned many rifles over my 73 year life span and have recently purchased a model 112 .223. The rifle in question was diffinetly abused but upon careful examination I believe it lived behind the seat of someone's pickup and rarely fired. After reblueing the barrel and action and repairing the stock I finally fired a few rounds thru it. I am diffinetly surprised by the accuracy. After zeroing at 100 yds with some hand load pushing a 53 grain nosler bullet at 3100 fps, it was diffinetly submoa without bedding the action or the barrel. The stock is diffinetly the weak link of this rifle. I am a wood carver and have decided to put some time and money into this piece . I am going to carve a new stock and add a magazine well and magazine. Is their a after market magwell for this model.

bootsmcguire
01-02-2023, 02:01 AM
Assuming that you have one of the older 112 flat rear actions that would mean you have a staggerfeed magazine setup. I have never been big on DBM setups and cannot remember what is applicable here, however being a 112 it is a long action that has a short action magazine and as such I do not recall ever seeing a mag system designed for SA cartridges on a LA.

ragsflh
01-02-2023, 10:08 AM
welcome

Robinhood
01-02-2023, 07:15 PM
Looking forward to pictures of the progress!

Dave Hoback
01-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Indeed! Would very much like to see pics:( And welcome to or our Forum.