PDA

View Full Version : Target accutrigger assembly--how? Where?

dusterdave
12-30-2022, 11:03 AM
I have a 223 BVSS I love it! My first Savage--I punch paper for fun and went Prarrie dogging this summer--Had a Blast--
I see all the belly aching about aftermarket triggers for Savage--none seem to make folks happy--My question
WHY don't we all just get a target red blade Accutrigger and be done with it???? Is there a place I can order one? What is the problem with getting one??
Why is someone not selling a dozen a week to us???
I think I want one

And while I am at it Criterion or Shilen any thoughts--I am about to order my first aftermarket barrel in 223
My barrel shot 1/2 MOA but I got it hot as a branding iron when blasting PD's and while it No longer coppers up like crazy I think it has fallen off some

Thanks!!!!!!!!

J.Baker
12-30-2022, 02:42 PM
Not sure what you're eluding to regarding aftermarket triggers for Savage's as there's several great options out there. Rifle Basix offers a good one, as does Jard (though pricey - but it does come with a new sear as well). I find that most people who complain about them are those who are too impatient to take the time to dial them in properly. As with any precision trigger for any brand of rifle, they can be a bit frustrating to get dialed in properly but if you take your time and are patient and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS it's really not that bad.

As for the Target AccuTriggers, the main problem there is that Savage won't sell one to you. Also, the Target trigger isn't just the trigger as it has it's own unique sear, which Savage also won't sell you. So the only viable source for a Target AccuTrigger would be a second hand one that someone removed and replaced with an aftermarket trigger. Given 98% of shooters don't want or need anything lighter than the Target Accutrigger, there just aren't many folks removing them and offering them up for sale.

The good news is that in all honesty you don't need a Target AT anyways. The standard and varmint versions of the AT can quite easily be modified to get down to around 1-lb if you know what you're doing.

Dave Hoback
12-30-2022, 05:03 PM
Besides that, with a little know how one can make a standard Accutrigger MUCH better than the Red blade Target model. My worked over Accutrigger is very similar to the RifleBasix or Timney. The only thing with all Aftermarket Savage Triggers is they are limited by the factory Sear, except for the Jard which is supplied with its own Sear. However, the Jard has its own set of problems. And while the Red Blade Target trigger has a different Sear, it’s still a mass produced, stamped steel part. There is nothing special about it. A properly stoned Sear still performs better, regardless of the trigger used.

I’m still waiting to hear what TriggerTech is going to do. But I do like the SafeAction triggers, like the Accutrigger. M-Carbo has released a Straight Accutrigger style trigger which looks promising, as it has a Sear engagement adjustment. This is what has been lacking from the Accutrigger all these years. (As well as an overtravel stop, but that’s an easy fix when modding it.) Depending on TriggerTech’s plans, I may end up getting one of the M-Carbo’s.

GrenGuy
12-30-2022, 05:17 PM
Maybe Trigger Tech will Unveil at the Shot Show ?

Dave Hoback
12-30-2022, 05:24 PM
Maybe Trigger Tech will Unveil at the Shot Show ?

I don’t know… I don’t think. I was told middle to end of this year, but who knows. They even keep secrets from each other over there, LOL!