PDA

View Full Version : B.Mag extractor problem

Robolex
12-30-2022, 07:18 AM
I have a B.Mag Target Thumbhole in .17 WSM that shots great but the extractor must have flown out at the range and I was unable to find it. The last two rounds didn't extract and I thought the chamber was just dirty or something but when I got home and cleaned it I found the extractor was missing. I went back to the range to look but couldn't find it.

My problem is that I live overseas which is a PITA for getting spare parts and I can't just send the rifle back to Savage and get them to fit a new extractor. I found a local gunsmith who said he could make me a new extractor, if I could supply him an accurate drawing or photograph but there is no detailed drawing of the extactor in the manual and I can't find a photograph of it anywhere.

I wonder if B.Mag .17 WSM owners would be kind enough to provide a photograph or accurate drawing of their extractor. I would guess that B.Mags in other calibers have the same shape extractor and an image of one of those would probably be usable. I still have the extractor spring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don G
12-31-2022, 11:02 AM
I have a B.Mag Target Thumbhole in .17 WSM that shots great but the extractor must have flown out at the range and I was unable to find it. The last two rounds didn't extract and I thought the chamber was just dirty or something but when I got home and cleaned it I found the extractor was missing. I went back to the range to look but couldn't find it.

My problem is that I live overseas which is a PITA for getting spare parts and I can't just send the rifle back to Savage and get them to fit a new extractor. I found a local gunsmith who said he could make me a new extractor, if I could supply him an accurate drawing or photograph but there is no detailed drawing of the extactor in the manual and I can't find a photograph of it anywhere.

I wonder if B.Mag .17 WSM owners would be kind enough to provide a photograph or accurate drawing of their extractor. I would guess that B.Mags in other calibers have the same shape extractor and an image of one of those would probably be usable. I still have the extractor spring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a friend or relative purchase the part and mail it to you.

ds10speed
01-03-2023, 04:30 PM
Robolex,

Here is the B-Mag extractor:

https://i.imgur.com/YUGuQNq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vBtEiXL.jpg

Good luck!!!!

Just so you know, when I took it apart that pin went flying across the room and took me 30 minutes to find it.

Robolex
01-16-2023, 07:07 AM
Robolex,

Here is the B-Mag extractor:

Good luck!!!!

Just so you know, when I took it apart that pin went flying across the room and took me 30 minutes to find it.

Hi ds10speed,

You are a true hero. Many thanks for making such a huge effort to provide the extractor details. I really appreciate it.

I am so sorry that your pin flew across the room but I am glad you found it.

Robolex