PDA

View Full Version : New to me and I’m so excited…BCG RAAP!

cknight814
12-25-2022, 12:40 PM
I recently did some horse trading with a local handgunner that I met thru the Specialty Pistols Forum. We live just an hour and half or so apart. In the trade I got a wheel gun that I have dreamed of owning since I first saw them. I ended up with a Bayside Custom Gunworks RAAP on a Ruger GP-100 .357 magnum. When Chris announced his retirement and shop closing, I was sad because I knew I would never be able to get one of these. I took it to the range a couple weekends ago and boy do these wheel guns shoot! Even with a Holosun 403 2moa red dot on top, a 6 shot cylinder will easily stay inside a Copenhagen can at 100 yards from my hunting sticks braced against the shooting bench at the range. I had full intentions on ordering a Vortex Crossfire II Scout 2-7x scope for this one as I use these on several Encores/Contenders and that length of eye relief fits my shorter arms so much better than other pistol scopes. And I may still do that, but it shot so darn good with this red dot I may leave it this way for a bit. I plan to give the East TN coyotes a hurting with this girl, and maybe even deer hunting from a couple of the archery stands. The trigger on this thing is so amazingly crisp and smooth. The 10” barrel balances so nice it feels better than a full underlug 6” GP-100. I’m just so excited to have this one!

Blue Avenger
12-25-2022, 09:48 PM
:thumb:

HandgunhuntingAfield
12-25-2022, 11:09 PM
Please go with a long eye relief scope on a wheelgun. You need the arms length distance from the cyl gap…..some nasty stuff can come out of those….
**from the guy who retired**

cknight814
12-26-2022, 01:59 AM
Please go with a long eye relief scope on a wheelgun. You need the arms length distance from the cyl gap…..some nasty stuff can come out of those….
**from the guy who retired**

AAhhhhh that does make sense. I hadn’t thought about that.

smax
01-20-2023, 02:56 PM

Your inbox is full.

Rooterpig
01-20-2023, 05:57 PM
That’s a super looking pistol and a great shooter sir.

cknight814
01-22-2023, 11:22 AM

I fixed that, my apologies...

cknight814
01-22-2023, 11:23 AM
That’s a super looking pistol and a great shooter sir.

Thank you sir!