PDA

View Full Version : Savage "Factory" stocks??

Nor Cal Mikie
12-02-2010, 09:56 AM
I'am thinking about getting a "factory" Savage "left hand" stock.
I shoot right handed but was wondering if the newer factory wood (Laminated) stocks have a cheek piece that makes it a "dedicated" left hand stock or can it be shot right handed with no cheek piece? Thinking maybe a 12BLG or 12FVL but not sure about them having a cheek piece. Anybody got one that knows for sure? Thanks, Mike.

tinkerer
12-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Mike,

Can't help on the stock question, but you raised another.

Can you use a standard composite stock and add a cheek rest? I have a couple of extra that could be used ambidexterous.

Larry
Tinkerer

Nor Cal Mikie
12-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Larry: Don't see why you couldn't add a cheek piece. Might be a "bolt on" or a "bondo" job but if the stocks are "extras", you wouldn't be loosing much by trying. Not what I had in mind but a little work might get you "exactily" what you want. ;)

Balljoint
12-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Myself have added to two of my Savage rifles the Karsten adj. cheek rests these will work ambidextrous, easy to add to your stock.

Nor Cal Mikie
12-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Did some looking around and found a picture that showed of "no" cheek piece. Just what I'am after. Got one on the way! ;)

J.Baker
12-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Much to my dismay, Savage hasn't offered a LH rifle stock with a cheek piece since the 1960's. For that matter, finding a LH aftermarket wood stock with a cheek piece is next to impossible as well unless you want to spend a small fortune for a custom one-off by a true craftsman.

matthewdew
12-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi new to this site.
I am in need of some information on a stock to fit my Savage.
It is a 300 win.mag Model 111 FXCP3 with a push button clip release on the side and synthetic.
I want to replace it with a wood stock. I have been on line looking at aftermarket stocks and cannot
find one that my action and barrel will fit into. Did Savage make a wood stock for this (long action) Model?
Just want a classic wood stock nothing fancy. Any help or information would be appreciated.
Thank You