PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 16 300WSM stock PLEASE HELP

orionsoracle
12-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi Folks,I have a Savage Model 16 300 WSM stainless/tupperware stock WITH detachable magazine. I am looking for a quality replacement laminate stock for this rifle. I contacted Stocky's and am waiting for a reply. Anyone have suggestions? The detachable mag makes it a tough find. PLEASE HELP

bassman
12-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Hello Orionsoracle,

This may or may not help, but I can tell you what I did. If you like to tinker with your rifles and do the work yourself, then here is an option I took advantage of. I have the same rifle Savage Mod. 16 Stainless 300 WSM pushfeed blind box but in left hand. I, like you wanted a nice laminate stock for a long range build that would look "PERTY". It is very difficult to find "in stock" stocks for SA centerfeed (about 4.4 screw spacing). I found Stockeys had some laminate thumbhole SA stocks in stock but they had the wrong screw spacing (about 4.25) and were for blind box,for the staggerfeeds. I redrilled the front and rear action screw holes and placed pillars with Devcon, and Devcon bedded the action. Since redrilling will leave an unsightly extended hole in the laminate, I will add a hinged floor plate and inlett the stock for the bottom metal. You will therefore cover the extended hole by inletting the floorplate, and fill in the extra space in the hole with Devcon. You wont be able to tell at all once it is assembled and stock finished. You could also do this with a DBM. I just chose the floorplate as my preference. Hope this helps as it is just one option.

Bassman

Elkbane
12-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Kevin Rayhill will make you one at Stockade gun stocks, although the last time I talked with him, he really didn't like the design of the DBM. He said the stock is weak (thin) between the rear action screw and the magazine well in that design. I have to agree with him - my laminate stock developed a split there that I had to reinforce with Devcon.

Elkbane

cariss74
12-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I have the exact same rifle and was also looking for a nice laminate stock for the rifle. I contacted Richards Microfit gunstocks to see if they make a stock with the correct spacing and inlet. When I hear back from them I'll post here and let you know.

northlander
12-03-2010, 12:44 AM
I have some of the Savage Model 12 VLP Laminate Wood Stocks that are inletted for the DBM with Pillar Bedding - $205.00.

Jim Briggs
NSS

orionsoracle
12-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Sir,how do I contact you about those stocks? I couldnt PM you as I am not a paying member.

rjtfroggy
12-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Here try this 1-763 682-4296 Northlander's phone number.