PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Revolvers...

Pages : 1 [2]

ChiefTJS
01-07-2023, 09:24 PM
If I had all the revolvers I've owned, It'd be one heckuva collection. Unfortunately I don't have deep pockets so when I want something new I need to sell something I'm not shooting in order to buy it. I've had dang near everything at one time to another and if I find I got rid of something I liked then I buy another one.

JStacy
01-28-2023, 08:59 PM
G Man , how well does that B Square mount hold on your Red Hawk?

Gman628
01-29-2023, 05:41 PM
G Man , how well does that B Square mount hold on your Red Hawk?

It's not a B-Square, it's a Weig-a-tinny mount and I like it, very solid mount. I would recommend it to anyone that has a Redhawk w/o the integral scope rings. I like the design of the hook down the back of the revolver, I think it takes much of the strain off the screws during recoil, granted I only have a .357, not a .44, but that mount is solid like a rock.
Ruger Redhawk Scope Mounts No Drill WEIG-A-TINNY<sup>®</sup> (jackweigand.com) (https://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-Redhawk-Scope-Mounts-No-Drill.html)

Ed K
02-06-2023, 08:50 AM
Smith for DAs and Ruger for SAs and Dan Wesson for DAs that are fired primarily SA.

BobT
02-12-2023, 05:44 PM
I have a collectable, but no real collection. This is a shooter. 1955 S&W M-14 Target Masterpiece. I used it to shoot PPC with the local sheriffs some years back. It's great for bunnies with wadcutters.

https://i.imgur.com/fMG4sma.jpg

Beautiful gun, I especially love the grips!

I have never really collected revolvers but have owned several over the years and presently have none. I would like to find a nice old triple lock .44 special, my grandpa had one that went to an uncle when he passed away. When my uncle passed my aunt gave it to a cousin.

prdatr
02-13-2023, 08:10 PM
Beautiful gun, I especially love the grips!

I have never really collected revolvers but have owned several over the years and presently have none. I would like to find a nice old triple lock .44 special, my grandpa had one that went to an uncle when he passed away. When my uncle passed my aunt gave it to a cousin.

Does your Cousin shoot it? Might want to file for Joint Custody.

BobT
02-19-2023, 05:17 PM
Does your Cousin shoot it? Might want to file for Joint Custody.

I doubt that he does but there is an interesting story that goes with it. His mother had a grandfather that was a notorious bully and was always picking fights, he enjoyed hurting people as the story goes. One night her grandpa had a run in with my grandpa who proceeded to ventilate the bully with a few .44 specials. The bully didn't survive the encounter and as far as I know my grandpa was never even questioned about the affair. So now my cousin owns the gun that his paternal great grandpa killed his maternal great grandpa.

I might see if I can con him into a few shots with it one of these days.