PDA

View Full Version : Shipped Burris Pistol scope

HHI6818
12-11-2022, 12:14 AM
Some saw my post on SP about old 2.5x7 Burris issue. Filled out form on Burris’s website and they emailed an RMA. Now the wait begins

ramon
12-11-2022, 05:52 PM
Maybe it will be quick.

Mjshell
12-13-2022, 09:56 AM
Be glad it’s a Burris. I had a 10 year old or older, Minox go bad. When I bought it it was American assembled but German product. Came with a lifetime warranty. The first one went bad immediately, but was replaced by Optic Planet. Then the replacement went bad. Now Minox are no longer assembled in the U.S. and only have a two year warranty. I did not have a sales receipt for the replacement scope.

I had to reach out to Germany for Warranty. The scope would need to be shipped to Germany but they provided me with a Texas location to send to and they would forward it to Germany for evaluation.

because it was considered out of warranty and I did not have a sales receipt, they replaced the replacement scope with a similar Demo scope with no Warranty. I haven’t mounted the replacement scope yet.

I’m estimating overall it was a 3 to 4 month process. I am satisfied with the outcome come considering I had a useless scope.

The Minox glass is excellent, I just have no confidence in the longevity of their rifle scopes

FyrepowrX
12-14-2022, 02:38 AM
about 2 months back i bought a couple of new burris scopes, in the box & still shrinkwrapped. The first one i opened up had a round blob-shaped distortion in the field of view; looked like a drop of water on the inside of the scope...it didnt move.

i filled out the online form & sent it in, they had it about 4 business days and i got an emailed response saying it was some type of sealant grease i think that they use on the inside of the scope tubes. They fixed it, sent it back , think it was back to me within 2 weeks of when i mailed it. Not too bad on service.

nksmfamjp
12-16-2022, 01:56 PM
I just sent my 3-12x back to be cleaned internally and check on the loose parallax adjustment. Hope it comes back good!

HHI6818
12-17-2022, 11:46 PM
Mjshell
Sorry to hear about your Minox experience. I bought a Minox 3x9 built in USA and it took a crap. I talked to a lady and she lead me to believe there were issues with USA assembled scopes and replaced it with higher model ZX5 2x20x50

Burris received my scope on 12/14

Mjshell
12-18-2022, 08:47 AM
I was disappointed they didn’t want to honor their lifetime warranty. The replacement Demo scope was to be like new, it wasn’t. Bad ring marks and missing a turret cap.
I have mounted it on a 6TCU, hopefully it will hold up. It has no warranty.

BobT
12-18-2022, 05:01 PM
That is disappointing Mark, I sold my only Minox years ago but it had some of the clearest glass I have ever looked through.

HHI6818
01-12-2023, 05:08 PM
Received this email today from Burris

Dear Jay

Your product has been evaluated and found to be non-repairable. We are replacing your item as your item is covered under the Burris Forever Warranty. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via your case ( see link below). Thank you for choosing Burris.

nksmfamjp
01-12-2023, 11:06 PM
Glad yours is being worked on. They say 4 weeks. Maybe I’ll hear back soon!

Rooterpig
01-16-2023, 10:03 AM
I have a Burris scope to send back. Can’t get the parallax out.

BT
02-01-2023, 03:10 PM
Received this email today from Burris

Dear Jay

Your product has been evaluated and found to be non-repairable. We are replacing your item as your item is covered under the Burris Forever Warranty. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via your case ( see link below). Thank you for choosing Burris.
Receive your replacement yet, Jay?

nksmfamjp
02-05-2023, 09:55 AM
Shipped 12/15. Received 12/22. Reported received 12/27. Cleaned internally. Confirmed parallax is adjusting correctly. Returned 1/27. I hated waiting on it, but for going over the holidays, 1 mo is pretty good.

Ed K
02-06-2023, 09:04 AM
Good thing we're generally dealing with well established companies (Burris, Leupold, Bushnell) as our scopes fail. No guarantee everything will come out in the wash but makes me think about when a young company goes offering a lifetime warranty...