PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Warranty Report

Pages : 1 [2]

Dave Hoback
01-06-2023, 01:43 AM
Knock on wood, but I've never had a single issue with any of my Vortex optics which include an old Diamondback 6.5-20x44 Mil-Dot SFP, a Gen1 6-24x50 PST, one of their early red-dots that I can't recall the model name on, and an older set of Viper 10x42mm bino's that I just recently sold to a friend. My only real gripe with Vortex is that the vast majority of what they offer in their midrange and up scope lines have FFP reticles which aren't ideal for use on a hunting rifle so anymore I end up looking elsewhere for my scope needs.

Yes, the world of optics has gone almost completely FFP. I think Zeiss is like the only high end maker that still has predominantly SFP scopes. It’s actually one thing I’ve noticed with Riton Optics as of late. They are much the same as Bushnell, Burris, Athlon, Vortex, etc; they have very affordable options in scopes, but also offer some higher end models with pretty nice glass, features & reticles, but also in SFP.

nksmfamjp
01-06-2023, 07:53 AM
Thank you @ Dave Hoback.

I need 5 good aiming devices based on my top tier (to me) rifles. 5 ZCO’S would be $22000.

My 5 cost under $4000. Most of the people I meet think I’m an optics snob. All I say is:

1) I have to see my poi, not judge antlers, see trace, etc.
2) The zero cannot move from one outing to the next, even when bumped, dropped or forest service roads.
3) It has to dial where it says it is dialing to…..check by shooting
4) It has to be light enough to be worth hauling.

Vortex has done the for me many times. So has tract. So has SS. Burris has been ok, but not great. Leupold has failed.

Balvar24
01-06-2023, 10:09 AM
it's good to hear stories like this.

I've been trying to call Unertl for the last couple of months now in regards to one of their scopes I have on hand, and they won't even answer the phone!

:p

Bobby Tomek
01-08-2023, 10:31 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've had four Vortex scopes and our oldest currently has another, and we've had no issues at all with them. A guy I know from the Houston area managed to damage his Vortex a few years ago, so he sent it in to get a repair estimate. Even though the damage was his fault, they replaced his scope free of charge. That's great customer service and definitely going above and beyond what they were obligated to do.

Dave Hoback
01-08-2023, 04:27 PM
Unertle? You mean vintage scopes? Fine for nostalgia sakes, but they don’t even match medium priced Chinese scopes.

Balvar24
01-09-2023, 01:16 PM
Unertle? You mean vintage scopes? Fine for nostalgia sakes, but they don’t even match medium priced Chinese scopes.

I'll have to take your word for it.

BruceP
01-10-2023, 10:34 AM
Around four years ago I bought a Vortex HST from a local store and it was the only one they had and they could not find the box or any of the accessories that would have been in the box. Because of this they made me a really good deal. This was on a Saturday so the following Monday I called Vortex and told them the situation. They sent me everything that should have been in the box at no charge.